KEEP SAFE FROM HACKING

Started by: defraybo2
On: 10/11/2018 | 17:19
Replies: 25

by: defraybo2
on: 10/11/2018 | 17:19

KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT SAFE
Hi all.
There have been a lot of cases recently of giffgaff accounts being hacked and accounts being used to top up other accounts.
Giffgaff are aware of this and are very active in stemming this issue.
It's gateway is made possible by giffgaff members using the same password on their giffgaff account as they do on another company Web sites that suffer a break of security attack (hacking), this has been the case recently with PC World but they are not alone, there may be others.
One way to protect yourself from this hacking of your account is to change your giffgaff login password to a new password you have never used before in any account with any company. Make up a brand new password known only to yourself and change your giffgaff password in your my profile settings.

TO ACCESS "MY PROFILE"
https://giffgaff.com/profile/details

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 26
by: bluelame
on: 10/11/2018 | 18:30
Really helped me
Message 2 of 26
by: sarahbanahnah
on: 11/11/2018 | 09:06
Thank you. I wasn't aware of this. Will point it out to friends and family.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click the banner above for a free giffgaff SIM with free airtime credit of £5.
If you can't see it, then click the link below:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sarahbanahnah
Message 3 of 26
by: dtuxcomp
on: 11/11/2018 | 20:10 edited: 11/11/2018 | 20:12

@defraybo2  Great advice,we all know we "shouldn't" use the same password everywhere but it's often done out of convenience or just habbit.

You can also get your email address checked again a list of known hacks for free, I put up a thread about it when I found out 2 of my 5 email accounts had been subject to potential data breaches years previous Smiley Surprised Here's the link to my thread and in the OP there's a link to a thread by @captainben  who'd beaten me to it and already had a thread going on the same theme.

Email Data Breach Check For Free

Take care.

D.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 4 of 26
by: defraybo2
on: 11/11/2018 | 21:13

@dtuxcomp

Yes I have read the report from Ben and have taken it on board to offer the advice I posted.

I have also come across your advice on email breech checking and I commend any help we can keep in the general giffgaff information domain to help our members and all who use Internet services as a part of their daily life.

This is another unique part of giffgaff, you don't have to purchase products to benifit from giffgaff membership, you only have to sign up, and that is 100% free and unbiased.

Thanks for joining this thread I really do appreciate it. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 26
by: dtuxcomp
on: 11/11/2018 | 21:52
@defraybo2 Wonderfully put Smiley Happy What's the use of knowledge if we don't all share it Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 6 of 26
by: django21
on: 11/11/2018 | 22:42
Thanks for the warning and like they say. It might be a good idea to change your password every 2/3 months. And make it different with longer strong names with upper and lower letters plus a few numbers. etc.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 26
by: smiffyds
on: 12/11/2018 | 08:42
Thanks for this
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 8 of 26
by: sheppola
on: 12/11/2018 | 09:44 edited: 13/11/2018 | 10:25

I recently posted that I use old Defunct Car number-plates doubled up with Upper and Lower case letters and a non-standard character like an Ampersand(&).

So it looks like like this Ab12abcAb12abc& or  Ab12abc&Ab12abc

This would take at least,

4,476,650,254,127 years, 8 months

to crack using current software Smiley Happy

Test yours here,

https://random-ize.com/how-long-to-hack-pass/?

PS
I can still remember Car/Motorcycle number-plates of vehicles I've owned from Forty years ago.Dunno if this is a,"Bloke" thing  Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 9 of 26
by: jsmith2009
on: 12/11/2018 | 11:25

Thanks for the tips and advice.

Message 10 of 26