Knowledge Base
Community

Magnetic USB cable and charging for Apple lightning and Micro USB fittings.

Started by: premierphotosuk
On: 22/01/2017 | 12:20
Replies: 7

by: premierphotosuk
on: 22/01/2017 | 12:20

These work as a great connection to your Device or Phone Charging Ports, once in place NO more pulling cables out and breaking your charging ports.Smiley Happy

I have been using these for a good while now like many others also may have been to, and now I decided to share this for those that haven't even seen or heard of them, you can Purchase them for penny's to a couple of Pounds. EBay, Amazon ect.

Magnetic USB cable and charging for Apple lightning and Micro USB fittings.

1BFAA67B-9B19-470E-A2BB-A8673D4010B0-2170-0000011B616FC17A_tmp.png

But what I found was very pleasantly surprising – every part of the cable has been designed in a manner that solves a lot of problems.

Each cable comes in two parts – one end, which plugs directly into your phone or device and stays there, is the Lightning/Micro USB port tab and the other is the cable itself. There are rare earth magnets in both ends that are so precise that you can turn the tab around and slowly bring the cable up to it – the tab spins around to attach securely.

The gold plating on the connectors ensures they won’t get worn down or corroded when your phone jangles around in bags or pockets.

The phone or Tablet easily and securely attaches to the cable, handy when you’re sleepily plugging it in at night, and releases easily if tripped over, but not if simply bumped or moved.

The USB end is reversible, and you can buy the cable in nylon or braided - which means zero fraying or cracking and the copper inside is 2.4A rated and compatible with all current fast-charging and data transfer technologies.

2C88F924-B401-4564-98C1-B43DE1E58781-2170-0000011B95350081_tmp.png

It's a cable i use with both my Apple/Android devices and phones and the plethora of Micro USB devices I own, and they worked flawlessly. I’m a big fan of the magnetic power cable on MacBooks and this is basically a carbon copy (with better materials) of that technology and idea.

It charged fast in my fast charger in  – 1 hour compared to the usual two, and the little a LED which is a nice little touch.

I can't really find any faults with them they also come in a number of different colours to match your phone or tablet, looks really good and meets everything I want in a charging cable.Smiley Wink

Please share your thought on these if you have used them or looking to start using them. Enjoy.

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 1 of 8
by: toomuchtime
on: 22/01/2017 | 12:50

These look interesting. Do you have a link to any you recommend thanks ? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
on: 22/01/2017 | 12:58

toomuchtime wrote:

These look interesting. Do you have a link to any you recommend thanks ? Smiley Happy

@toomuchtime They are really good? You can pick Any really that have the 2.4 charging capability, I bought these a good while ago and pretty much all good, these are some on EBay, but depends on the type you want http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Universal+Micro+USB+Magnetic+Adapter+Charger+Cable+For+Samsu...

remember if you need it for an Apple or a Micro USB. Good luck.

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 3 of 8
by: toomuchtime
on: 22/01/2017 | 13:12

Thank you for your quick reply and link @premierphotosuk  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
on: 22/01/2017 | 13:29

@toomuchtime No problem, let us know how you get on and if it suites you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I. they are invaluable as they self connect even in the dark no more thumbling around trying to find the port on your Devices.

Message 5 of 8
by: bluedayjo1
on: 22/01/2017 | 13:37
Used these too for a while now they work very well
Message 6 of 8
by: brulaw
on: 22/01/2017 | 16:30

@premierphotosuk

These look like a really good ( and useful ) idea , think I might have to invest in a couple ..... Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
on: 24/01/2017 | 10:37

@brulaw I'am glad you found this useful, believe me I think they are a great addition for your devices, pleas let use know how you get on with them if you decide to try them.Smiley Happy

I'am pretty sure you will like themSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 8