Knowledge Base
Community

Money Saving Hack #3 – Cost Effective, General Purpose, Mouse Mat | Toxiic's Tips

Started by: toxiic
On: 24/10/2018 | 13:11
Replies: 21

by: toxiic
on: 24/10/2018 | 13:11 edited: 11/11/2018 | 20:07

WHAT’S IT ABOUT

Finding a decent mat for your mouse can be a bit of a nuisance, as I’ve found myself. Luckily, though, I’ve come across a handy, cheap little mat (which is technically a cutting mat) that you can use with a mouse.

Note, this item is currently £2.05 dispatched from and sold by Amazon. There are different sellers that may offer different prices that may be more or less than this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT YOU’LL NEED

• An Amazon Account to buy from Amazon (very easy to do).
  • A Prime membership OR At least £20 of items ‘Dispatched/Fulfilled By Amazon’ in your online basket (more on that below).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO DO IT (with/without Prime)

1. Add a minimum of £20 of items into your Amazon basket (in the listing, these products have to say ‘Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon’ or ‘Sold by __ and fulfilled by Amazon’).
  2. Add the item Silverline 438935 Cutting Mat A4 to your basket with the other qualifying items and proceed to checkout as normal.

WHAT TO REMEMBER

WHAT IT’LL LOOK LIKE

See the other hacks via the below link...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.pngMore info on the gaff: The Gaff is a weekly newsletter releasing every friday with topics like tips, giffgaff announcements, lab highlights, blog highlights, tech news, new member introductions, photo of the week and more! To view the latest edition, simply click the relevant link below.

Message 1 of 22
by: foolish
on: 24/10/2018 | 16:56

That is a lot of effort for a mat.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
on: 24/10/2018 | 17:52

It is indeed. I think the main USP is that it can be used as more than a mouse mat as it's a strong surface to work on than normal mouse mats.

It's what I've found to be a good option for the cost but it won't suit everyone.

@foolish

Message 3 of 22
by: alexmccarthy1212
on: 24/10/2018 | 18:26
You can get ThinkPad keyboards with the mouse built in much better
Message 4 of 22
by: alexmccarthy1212
on: 24/10/2018 | 18:28
Called trackpoint
Message 5 of 22
on: 25/10/2018 | 16:43

@alexmccarthy1212 wrote:

You can get ThinkPad keyboards with the mouse built in much better

True. This mouse mat is more for people who have s separate mouse and keyboard which seems to be the norm these days. @alexmccarthy1212

Good idea for those who want a mouse and keyboard in one, though.

Message 6 of 22
by: pinkunykorn
on: 25/10/2018 | 17:07
Thanks for sharing. First I thought it would be a mouse trap (lol) but when I saw pic that was showing the actual mouse and mat.
Sorry.
Message 7 of 22
on: 25/10/2018 | 17:20

Haha @pinkunykorn, yeah, mice (as in the non-living kind Smiley LOL ) are quite weird shapes.

I'm glad I captured it's aggressive side as it's precision is fantastic whilst using it. A great purchase - the mat, too.

Message 8 of 22
by: gvmhb
on: 26/10/2018 | 10:15
This sounds like a good idea.
You can buy one from China for £1.65 including postage on ebay.
I might try one Smiley Very Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 22