Nokia C3-00 internet settings

Started by: jonmc95
On: 13/04/2011 | 23:55
Replies: 69

by: jonmc95
on: 13/04/2011 | 23:55 edited: 06/09/2011 | 22:55

Before trying this guide text the word: settings

To the number: 2020

It's free and apparently works for Nokia C3-00, however if you are having problems with certain things then please read on.

Hello, I am going to guide you into setting up giffgaff internet settings on your Nokia C3-00. First of all you need to set the wifi settings to "Ask first" so when you connect to the internet it asks you what connection you'd like to use. Here's how:

• Go into Menu, Settings, Connectivity and then WLAN
  • Set "Internet connection" to "Ask first"

After this you need to set up the packet settings, the "Access point 1" seems to be unstable and not working, so we'll use another one. Here's how:

• Go into Menu, Settings, Connectivity and then Packet data
  • Set "Packet data connection" to "When needed"
  • Go into "Packet data settings"
  • Set "Active access point" to "Access point 2" (you can set it to anything else apart from "Access point 1")
  • Go into "Edit active access point"
  • Change the "Access point alias" to whatever you want, this is just a name ("giffgaff" for example)
  • Set "Packet data access pt." to "giffgaff.com" (this can not be anything else)

Okay so now for the actual settings, before entering in any settings ourselves we need to delete the old one's. Here's how:

• Go into Menu, Settings, Configuration and then Default config. settings
  • For each configuration profile listed you need to highlight them and press the backspace key (under "P" and above the "Enter" key)
  • Press confirm on each one (this will delete all settings)

Now our internet settings are cleared we can enter our own for giffgaff. Here's how:

• Go into Menu, Settings, Configuration and then Personal settings
  • Press "Add" and then choose "Access point"
  • Enter anything you want for "Account name" (this is just a name)
  • Go into "Access point settings" and then "Bearer settings"
  • Set "Packet data access pt." to "giffgaff.com" (this can not be anything else)
  • Leave the "Network type" to "IPv4" and leave "Authentication type" to "Normal"
  • For "User name" enter "giffgaff" (this can not be anything else)
  • For "Password" enter "password" (this can not be anything else)
  • Press "Back" until you are in "Personal settings"
  • Press "Options", "Add new" and choose "Web"
  • Enter anything you want for "Account name" (it's just the name)
  • Enter any website you want in "Homepage" (this is the website that will be displayed when you press "Home")
  • Leave "User name" and "Password" blank (do not enter any giffgaff settings here) and leave "Use preferred access pt." to "Yes"

Okay so now you've made the internet settings, it's time you activate them. Here's how:

• Press "Back" until you are in "Configuration"
  • Set "Default congif. settings" to "Personal config." (these are the settings you have just made)
  • Press "Back" until you are in "Configuration"
  • Press "Default in all apps."
  • Set "Preferred access point" to the access point you have just made

That should be it, turn your phone off and then back on again and see if the giffgaff settings are working.

If you like the sound of giffgaff why not Order a FREE sim card below that comes with £5 FREE credit!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 70
by: samlowe
on: 13/04/2011 | 23:56

On my girlfriends C3-00, just text settings to 2020 Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 70
on: 13/04/2011 | 23:58

samlowe wrote:

On my girlfriends C3-00, just text settings to 2020 Smiley Very Happy

I have a Nokia C3-00 and texting "Settings" to 2020 didn't work, I'll put that in the post though thank you.

If you like the sound of giffgaff why not Order a FREE sim card below that comes with £5 FREE credit!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 70
by: samlowe
on: 14/04/2011 | 00:03

@jonmc95 - that's strange! Smiley Frustrated
I like to do things the manual way though so I know it's done correcly - I'll kudos you! Good post! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 70
on: 14/04/2011 | 00:04

samlowe wrote:

@jonmc95 - that's strange! Smiley Frustrated
I like to do things the manual way though so I know it's done correcly - I'll kudos you! Good post! Smiley Happy

Same here, thank you! Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 70
by: pinkcalculator
on: 14/04/2011 | 00:12
I'm going to print that out just in case my c3 takes a funny turn and looses it's settings. I had no end of trouble setting it up, still no idea how I did it
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 70
on: 14/04/2011 | 00:14

pinkcalculator wrote:
I'm going to print that out just in case my c3 takes a funny turn and looses it's settings. I had no end of trouble setting it up, still no idea how I did it

Glad to see my post go to good use, thank you for reading. Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 70
on: 29/04/2011 | 15:46

jamesd2010 wrote:

Congratulations! Your post has now been implemented into 'The Guide To The 'Top Tips' Section'!

Thank you for your contribution, your post was posted under 'Internet Settings': http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/The-Guide-To-The-Top-Tips-Section/td-p/5283...

Thanks,

Thank you jamesd2010. Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 70
by: canary1
on: 09/05/2011 | 16:55

Your guide is excellent and I have kept a copy for future reference, however since December 2010 these settings are available by texting SETTINGS to 2020

Message 10 of 70