Community

Nuisance calls/SPAM texts solutions

Started by: diamond222
On: 16/05/2011 | 10:12
Replies: 37

Highlighted
by: diamond222
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:12 edited: 16/05/2011 | 10:22

Anyone receiving spam texts and receiving nuisance calls about loans accidents there are some solution to get rid of them, a while back I received this message:

FREEMSG: Our records indicate you may be entitled to 3750 pounds for the Accident you had.To claim for free reply with YES to this msg. To opt out text STOP.

what is this? i never had an accident. 

These folks are tricky monkey's - often they've not even bothered to take information from a dodgy database, just send out messages to sequential numbers. 

I would suggest not to relpy them,if it was for such a sum, they'll likely call you and would certainly follow up with another text/ mailing to your address etc. Also, often a quick search on the internet for the phone number that it was from will bring up other forums with complaints etc about how scammy they are

So here is the solution for SPAM text messageswhat to do if you receive SPAM text mesages?

If you are receiving nuisance call you can change your number if you wish toCan i change my mobile number?

Another option you may like to consider is to register the number with the Telephone Preference Service. It's not an 'instant fix' but within a month or two, unsolicited calls should stop (unless you've given a company explicit permission to contact you).

Here's the link:

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/ctps/number_type.html

Here's the info (copied/pasted from their website):

What is TPS?

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a central opt out register whereby individuals can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls. It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.

The original legislation was introduced in May 1999. It has subsequently been updated and now the relevant legislation is the Privacy and Electronic (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.

The term individual includes consumers at their residential address, sole traders and, except in Scotland, partnerships.

Once a number has been registered it will become effective in 28 days.

No, it's free to register on the TPS.

~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*

Free giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 38
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:20 edited: 02/09/2012 | 18:49

~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*``*~*

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 38
by: derms
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:21
Interesting post. (your banner doesnt seem to be working however) Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 38
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:23
my banner works when i click on it but it is halfSmiley Sad

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 38
by: cjs456
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:23
Thanks for the helpful advice mate, shouldnt it be in top tips section?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 38
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:29

@cjs456 wrote:
Thanks for the helpful advice mate, shouldnt it be in top tips section?

Yes sorry i posted in the wrong section an educator can move it . 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 38
by: mcabry
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:32
I've always wondered how these sort of people get our mobile numbers. the onlu nuisance calls I've ever got were from vodafone when I moved my number to tesco mobile but that stopped after a few week. Good post
Message 7 of 38
by: kiwatche
on: 16/05/2011 | 10:38
Iv had that message a few times. There's no charge so it doesnt bother me, i just delete it. Same with service messages i never go to the site's just delete them
Message 8 of 38
by: harima
on: 16/05/2011 | 13:48
very useful information Smiley Happythanks

If you wanted a free sim with £5 free credit,click the image belowSmiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 38
by: zobia22
former giff-staffer

on: 16/05/2011 | 13:56

Moved to top tips. Thanks diamond222. Smiley Happy 

Zobia. 

Search & Content Marketing Executive (Former Community Educator)

Message 10 of 38