Community

O2 broadband & PAYG discount

Started by: msatt
On: 25/05/2010 | 17:10
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
by: jamie
on: 04/06/2010 | 15:47

I thort this was a great thing as the o2 broadband database thinks its a o2 number but after 3 month you get a warning and then they charge you the 5£ more Smiley Sad , It has taken them 5 month to click on but they have.

Thanks,
Jamie

Twitter - @JamieEarlTEK
Message 11 of 15
by: zanityman
on: 04/06/2010 | 16:00

I got an email back confirming that I'd had my broadband for 12 months... (thanks o2, I knew that!)

But, surprisingly, they seemed to know about the offer - they did say to phone up, but reminded me the call is free - so will defo do that.

The good thing for them is they get another 12 months out of me, rather than me staying on my month to month contract... win win all being well!!

Cheers - ZM

I don't work for GiffGaff, I'm just a very happy customer! Views expressed above are my own personal views are not necessarily those of giffgaff.

Message 12 of 15
by: danielclo1il
on: 04/06/2010 | 16:43

@jamie wrote:

I thort this was a great thing as the o2 broadband database thinks its a o2 number but after 3 month you get a warning and then they charge you the 5£ more Smiley Sad , It has taken them 5 month to click on but they have.

yeah they would do that... one of my o2 numbers had a number change.. and they still charged me then..

with a little argument i had the £19.48 extra they charged me Smiley Wink

Thanks
Dann

Message 13 of 15
by: kylef
on: 16/06/2010 | 17:40

@msatt wrote:

If you have had broadband for more than a year then give O2 a call and they can offer you a deal of no topup required and broadband prices remain at the £5 discount.

Oh nice, was just about to ask if we could get the £5 discount for being a giffgaff customer since it is a o2 owned company. But if o2 will let you keep the discount if you been a customer for over a year that works too.

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
by: jamie
on: 16/06/2010 | 19:12

I was with o2 broadband 2nd package , paying 10 pound that went up to 15 when i moved from giffgaff then i called o2 retentions they droped me to package 1 , Droped my broadband down to 5 pound! ( also with a friends o2 number)

Jamie

Thanks,
Jamie

Twitter - @JamieEarlTEK
Message 15 of 15