Community

O2 broadband & PAYG discount

Started by: msatt
On: 25/05/2010 | 17:10
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
by: msatt
on: 25/05/2010 | 17:10 edited: 25/05/2010 | 18:32

Because I get a discount of £5 per month on O2 broadband provided I top up at least £10 every 3 months on my O2 mobile, I have been loathed to transfer the mobile to GiffGaff. 

If you have had broadband for more than a year then give O2 a call and they can offer you a deal of no topup required and broadband prices remain at the £5 discount.

Now I can run down my credit and get my PAC code from O2 for GiffGaff. So no more having two phones. GiffGaff becomes my provider and I still have my good value broadband and great value GiffGaff Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
by: daveysludge
on: 25/05/2010 | 17:59

I've never really understood why people want to port their old number, with GG unlimited texts you could text your new number to the important people and be able to ditch the nuisances that have your old number...

micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 2 of 15
by: andyking
on: 25/05/2010 | 18:36

@daveysludge wrote:

I've never really understood why people want to port their old number, with GG unlimited texts you could text your new number to the important people and be able to ditch the nuisances that have your old number...

Seriously? I've had the same number for years and I can't imagine changing it.

Nuisances get bored, and the minor hassle you might get from the odd unwanted call is nothing compared to the hassle of everyone you've ever known not having your number. People changing their mobile numbers every 18 months is a real pain!

Message 3 of 15
by: jack17938
on: 25/05/2010 | 18:49

It sounds stupid but I miss my first number, I have stopped changing my number, I have had my current number for 2 and a half years. That number, in fact, has just finished been PAC-d in today.

Message 4 of 15
by: daveysludge
on: 25/05/2010 | 19:00

To be honest theres too many pests got hold of my current GG number and I'm wanting to change it...

Can I go out and obtain a sim from another supplier and then port it over so I have a brand new GG number?

micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 5 of 15
by: jack17938
on: 25/05/2010 | 19:18

If you want a brand-new GG number then ask an agent and they can arrange to have a new number for you within 24 hours.

Basically, half the time it would take to port-in a number.

Just ask an agent and they can confirm everything for you.

Message 6 of 15
by: geoffwilliams
on: 25/05/2010 | 20:11

@msatt wrote:

Because I get a discount of £5 per month on O2 broadband provided I top up at least £10 every 3 months on my O2 mobile, I have been loathed to transfer the mobile to GiffGaff. 

If you have had broadband for more than a year then give O2 a call and they can offer you a deal of no topup required and broadband prices remain at the £5 discount.

Now I can run down my credit and get my PAC code from O2 for GiffGaff. So no more having two phones. GiffGaff becomes my provider and I still have my good value broadband and great value GiffGaff Smiley Happy

I am also with O2 broadband, I was offered the same deal which I accepted, but when I rang up to recheck (twice) the agents say they know nothing about it and it can't be done. I am now going through the stages of swapping to Orange broadband.

Message 7 of 15
on: 25/05/2010 | 20:24

@geoffwilliams wrote:

I am also with O2 broadband, I was offered the same deal which I accepted, but when I rang up to recheck (twice) the agents say they know nothing about it and it can't be done. I am now going through the stages of swapping to Orange broadband.

Try telling them it was the 'loyalty reward of Mobile Broadband offer', I received a confirmation email stating :-

Hello Michael

Thank you for choosing to stay with O2 Home Broadband. Your contract has been extended to 24/05/2011 and your loyalty reward of Mobile Broadband Offer - 12 months will now be applied.

Best regards,   

Message 8 of 15
by: zanityman
on: 03/06/2010 | 17:02

GREAT tip - thanks! My O2 bb is just over its 12 months, so I've sent them an email - can't hurt can it!

Cheers - ZM

I don't work for GiffGaff, I'm just a very happy customer! Views expressed above are my own personal views are not necessarily those of giffgaff.

Message 9 of 15
on: 03/06/2010 | 18:17

Glad someone else can also benefit.

I have also noticed that the online billing says my monthly bill is £5 including mobile discount.

Think this should say £7.50 including discount (which was what I was paying).

So it suggests that whenever I do topup the mobile I MAY get another £2.50 discount !!!

My bill for last month was £4.62 which tends to suggest that they have applied the mobile discount AND my reduced monthly bill.

Anyway hope you also get your discount, I would give them a call as it is free and they are friendly and helpful.

Message 10 of 15