Community

OnePlus 6T: You Don't Need To Break The Bank For a Flagship Experience

Started by: leeon1988
On: 07/01/2019 | 17:34
Replies: 4

by: leeon1988
on: 07/01/2019 | 17:34

[video]

OnePlus have been known for delivering smartphones with flagship level specs at a very attractive price. I was really excited to test this phone as I have never used a OnePlus device, however, it was a different experience to what I have had with any other Android smartphone. Check out my thoughts on the OnePlus 6T.

Here are some of the good and not so good things about the OnePlus 6T:

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 16.55.17.png

The Pros

Blisteringly fast performance

Flagship specs at an affordable price

Clean UI

Quick charge technology

Water drop design notch

The Cons

No wireless charging

No water and dust resistance 

Camera underperforms in low light

No stereo speakers

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 16.54.46.png

Design

OnePlus has done away with the aluminium design and have replaced it with a modern metal and glass build which looks luxurious but the back is a huge fingerprint magnet. I was surprised by how comfortable this phone is to hold. The display sports a unique waterdrop styled notch and inside this notch, they have somehow managed to fit a 16MP selfie camera as well as a proximity sensor, but don’t worry, if you are not a fan of the notch you can hide this using the settings. One exciting new feature has been added and this is an under-display fingerprint scanner. 

Tech Specs:

6.41” Optic AMOLED 

Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor

128GB Storage

RAM: 6GB

16MP Front Camera

16MP + 20MP Rear camera

3700 mAh Battery

Android 9.0

Performance

With the latest and greatest Snapdragon 845 processor with 6GB RAM, the phone felt fast and fluid, I have no issues with lag or stutters as I switched in between apps and left them running in the background. It’s probably the fastest performing Android phone I’ve ever used. 

Battery Life

OnePlus has packed this phone with a generous 3,700 mAh battery, which gets me through the day on a single charge. I’m grateful that this phone is capable of charging from 0% to 100% in just an hour. This will be very convenient if you are very busy and need their phone ready to go. 

Camera

The cameras on the OnePlus 6T has a 16MP front camera and a 16+20MP dual rear camera. I found that the phone produced excellent shots in well-lit environments however, it struggled in low light situation as images we grainy and occasionally even struggled to focus. The phones portrait feature, which produces images with a blurry background did an amazing job of focusing on different subjects. 

IMG_1723.JPG

In The Box

OnePlus 6T

Protective case

Screen protector

USB-C charging cable

Fast charging plug

Conclusion 

This was my first experience using a OnePlus smartphone and I really enjoyed using it as my daily driver. It looks elegant with its glossy design and combined with the power under the hood. The OnePlus 6T is an amazing deal starting at £499 as you’re getting flagship quality that is on par with smartphones that cost twice as much. I can see this phone being suited for anyone who just wants a great Android experience or power users who love to run graphically intense games or quick 4K video edits on the go.

The OnePlus 6T is available to purchase from giffgaff. You can check it out by clicking here

Message 1 of 5
by: goonerx2
on: 11/01/2019 | 10:29
Extremely helpful many thanks.
Message 4 of 5
by: allan1954
on: 13/01/2019 | 09:34
thanks @leeon1988 a great review.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5