Knowledge Base
Community

[PASTA HACKA] Homemade pasta in under 30 minutes

Started by: endorphin
On: 11/09/2017 | 16:44
Replies: 25

by: rebelyell
on: 28/09/2017 | 11:13
The shop Tiger were selling pasta makers for 15 quid. They are pretty good but they only do sheets and spaghetti, there's no Tagliatelle option. Still it's a good cheap way to get started on homemade pasta.

To save money I use bread flour instead of proper pasta flour. It seems to give a better result than regular soft flours that are more suitable for cake baking.

I agree that the taste of fresh pasta is so much better than the dried stuff in packs. I often eat it with just a bit of olive oil and garlic on it, maybe some pesto. It's so good that it doesn't need to have a whole bunch of sauce over it.
Message 21 of 26
by: endorphin
on: 28/09/2017 | 17:47

It looks like the Tiger pasta maker has an integral spaghetti cutter @rebelyell and no other attachments. Although at £15 it is cheap, I would recommend people to buy one which has separate, interchangeable cutters so you can make a wider variety of pasta. Mine even has a Ravioli attachment but it's a bit fiddly to use.

Bread flour is strong which means it has a lot of gluten so should give you an al dente pasta, but ordinary plain flour works OK for me (besides being a bit cheaper) and as you say, any homemade pasta is delicious.

I gather in Italy that the pasta is the main event of any pasta dish and any accompanying sauces should not overshadow or overwhelm it. So less sauce and more, tasty, pasta is the key. Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 22 of 26
by: giammy85
on: 28/09/2017 | 23:19
no no, I prefer tasting the pasta dishes rather than making it!
Message 23 of 26
by: endorphin
on: 25/10/2018 | 11:39

Just bumping as today happens to be World Pasta Day!

So make some pasta and enjoy!

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 24 of 26
by: pinkunykorn
on: 25/10/2018 | 17:19
Good job . very good tips .I like it thanks for sharing your pasta...yummy👍🍝😀😀
Message 25 of 26
by: roise05
on: 25/10/2018 | 18:21

perfect.gif

Wooow looks tasty and amazing tips. Thank you for sharing!! 😄😀

Message 26 of 26