Knowledge Base
Community

Should You Buy A Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in 2018?

Started by: leeon1988
On: 05/03/2018 | 13:57
Replies: 35

by: leeon1988
on: 05/03/2018 | 13:57 edited: 06/03/2018 | 15:11

pexels-photo-207455.jpeg

With Samsung just unveiling its new flagship in the Galaxy S9, I wanted to go back in time, but not too far back and take a look at one of my favourite smartphones of all time released in 2016 and this the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Smartphones had been once just your generic flat slabs of glass that we have come to know about. Nevertheless, Samsung really wowed everyone with their unique curved design when they first unveiled this in 2015. Some of you make think it's just a gimmick, but I believe it enhances the viewing experience when watching videos. This phone had one of the best, if not THE best camera on any smartphone from 2016 which even holds up against high-end phones of today.

This phone certainly wouldn’t appear out of place in the shop window of a luxury department store. I love the aluminium frame, sandwiched between the gleaming Black Onyx glass protected by Gorilla Glass 4 and the nice rounded corners that make this phone feel it was created for the hand. 

giphy

The phone has a Quad HD SuperAMOLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 giving you a pixel density of 538 ppi. This display is one of the best I have ever seen on any smartphone and is sharper and more vibrant than my television. The colours are saturated, meaning things like fruits and vegetables appear juicier than ever. Viewing YouTube and viewing family photos on this device is an absolute treat.

The phone is packed with a 64-bit Octa-core processor and 4GB of RAM running Android 7.0 Nougat which according to reports will also get the Android Oreo update sometime this year.

This phone performs like a champ. It is really snappy when it came to opening apps such as Instagram, YouTube and What’s App.

Technical Specs
Display: 5.5″ Super Amoled
Weight: 157g
Internal Memory: 32/64/128GB (With micro SD card expansion)
RAM: 4GB
Camera: 12MP Rear and 5MP Front
Battery: 3600 mAH

The one thing I wished this phone had is a removable battery, that for be would be the cherry on top of what already is a fantastic smartphone. The speaker quality isn't the greatest and this doesn't bother me as I use headphones with my phone most of the time.

If you are after a phone that looks and feels premium, has a camera that holds its own against today's high-end phones, has a fantastic display, has great call quality, water resistant and has no issue running the latest apps, then the Galaxy S7 Edge is ! It is more than a capable smartphone for 2018. There are pre-loved Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phones available in a range of colours on GiffGaff's website by clicking here. 

What are your opinions on the Samsung Galaxy S7? Do you reckon it's still a good phone for 2018? Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 36
by: cute_chaos
on: 05/03/2018 | 13:59

leeon1988 wrote:

pexels-photo-207455.jpeg

With Samsung just unveiling its new flagship in the Galaxy S9, I wanted to go back in time, but not too far back and take a look at one of my favourite smartphones of all time released in 2016 and this the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Smartphones had been once just your generic flat slabs of glass that we have come to know about. Nevertheless, Samsung really wowed everyone with their unique curved design when they first unveiled this in 2015. Some of you make think it's just a gimmick, but I believe it enhances the viewing experience when watching videos. This phone had one of the best, if not THE best camera on any smartphone from 2016 which even holds up against high-end phones of today.

This phone certainly wouldn’t appear out of place in the shop window of a luxury department store. I love the aluminium frame, sandwiched between the gleaming Black Onyx glass protected by Gorilla Glass 4 and the nice rounded corners that make this phone feel it was created for the hand. 

giphy

The phone has a Quad HD SuperAMOLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 giving you a pixel density of 538 ppi. This display is one of the best I have ever seen on any smartphone and is sharper and more vibrant than my television. The colours are saturated, meaning things like fruits and vegetables appear juicier than ever. Viewing YouTube and viewing family photos on this device is an absolute treat.

The phone is packed with a 64-bit Octa-core processor and 4GB of RAM running Android 7.0 Nougat which according to reports will also get the Andriod Oreo update sometime this year.

This phone performs like a champ. It is really snappy when it came to opening apps such as Instagram, YouTube and What’s App.

Technical Specs
Display: 5.5″ Super Amoled
Weight: 157g
Internal Memory: 32/64/128GB (With micro SD card expansion)
RAM: 4GB
Camera: 12MP Rear and 5MP Front
Battery: 3600 mAH

The one thing I wished this phone had is a removable battery, that for be would be the cherry on top of what already is a fanstastic smartphone. The speaker quality isn't the greatest and this doesn't bother me as I use headphones with my phone most of the time.

If you are after a phone that looks and feels premium, has a camera that holds its own against today's high-end phones, has a fantastic display, has great call quality, water resistant and has no issue running the latest apps, then the Galaxy S7 Edge is ! It is more than a capable smartphone for 2018. There are pre-loved Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phones available in a range of colours on GiffGaff's website by clicking here. 

What are your opinions on the Samsung Galaxy S7? Do you reckon it's still a good phone for 2018? Smiley Happy

I think so as they are very reliable in my opinion 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 36
on: 05/03/2018 | 18:59
It is indeed! I had no faults during the time that I owned it and actually regret selling it.
Message 3 of 36
by: jimvee288
on: 05/03/2018 | 19:40
I just use an old S5 its good and its got infra red channels switch too which is good and i can change the battery .
Message 4 of 36
on: 05/03/2018 | 20:26
The Galaxy S5 is a great phone and due to its removable battery should give you many more years of service. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 36
by: davidevans0000
on: 05/03/2018 | 20:43
cheers @leeon1988 a nice thread.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 36
by: otbc11
on: 05/03/2018 | 20:45
Samsung rules with me after I lost interest in iPhone, I have had all models of Galaxy S since the S4.
Message 7 of 36
by: team_leader
on: 05/03/2018 | 20:57

Yes @leeon1988 absolutely, it's a great mobile and it'll be cheaper this year than previous years.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 36
by: asimahj
on: 05/03/2018 | 20:59
it does the job
Message 9 of 36
on: 05/03/2018 | 21:02
It really is a great phone that I regret selling. What I liked about is was its IP68 water and dust resistance that gave me that extra peace of mind. Smiley Happy @team_leader
Message 10 of 36