Knowledge Base
Community

Should You Buy A Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in 2018?

Started by: leeon1988
On: 05/03/2018 | 13:57
Replies: 35

by: leeon1988
on: 08/03/2018 | 11:14
@toxiic Thank you for your kind words. Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 36
on: 08/03/2018 | 11:17
@chand311 I have not had the pleasure of using a Oneplus device, but have heard great things about them. The S6 is actually my daily driver and it runs smooth. I see no reason to upgrade to the lastest smartphones. Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 36
by: jsmith2009
on: 09/03/2018 | 09:16

Yes why not as long as the price is good.

Message 23 of 36
by: ungourin
on: 10/03/2018 | 09:42
Its a great phone , of that's what you budget goes to
Message 25 of 36
by: c_lockett
on: 15/03/2018 | 09:16
I've got the S6 Edge and I'm very happy with it. I can't see a reason to up grade yet to another Samsung. I'm not technically minded and they bring new phones out so often there hardly seems any point in upgrading too often anymore. Especially given the price of these phones.
Message 26 of 36
by: isabel1066
on: 13/11/2018 | 16:35
@leeon1988 well done how did i miss this thread from March 18.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 28 of 36
on: 13/11/2018 | 16:43
@isabel1066 I have no idea, I, myself missed a bunch of comments. I probably didn't get an email notification. I appreciate you stopping by once again. Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 36
by: defraybo2
on: 13/11/2018 | 19:15

@leeon1988

Samsung have been the leader of the pack from the day they decided to bring an end to the iPhone monopoly, they did this with the production of a barrier breaking Samsung Galaxy S2. I broke all my phone cost limits and used all my Internet search abilities to get my hands on this phone and it was and still is mind boggling. The following galaxy range of phones went through a stage of give them a bigger "this" carrot, but take away a bit of "that" carrot, to create a larger phone range with a varying price range to promote the "LOOK AT THE PHONE BADGE I'VE GOT" environment, and also to sell more phones than the competition.

Moving on from the S2 I was never drawn into nor had the need to, upgrade to the next S number until along came the S5. Now we we're talking,  time to upgrade.

Now from that model on,  the Samsung range is going backwards, one example is as you are raving about the camera on the S7 it is actually less than the S5, they even took away the SD card expansion from the S6. Then gave it back on the S7 ???

But my personal requirements for a better phone are the memory and RAM plus earphone jack and most of all removable battery. 

If you put in a search for Galaxy S5 on ebay you will find the site is full of sellers selling the S5 brand new unboxed for around £120 

I think this says a lot about why people want a phone with a removable battery.

I have five spare batteries and wall charger independent USB charger that I can use to charge any of my batteries independently from any USB socket. This includes my S2 batteries as well,  the whole caboodle cost me thirty quid three years ago. The other thing that I cannot understand is why phones aren't designed with a separate charging socket along with the USB port this would save a lot of damage to a port that is the heart of the sharing and saving abilities of the device. And please don't say this is not possible with the thin modern phones, check out the charging jack connector for the Nokia express music phone it's as thin as a sewing needle. And my Nokia still has an undamaged charging jack and an undamaged USB port and this is after 11 years of use, my wife uses this phone as her only phone and refuses to upgrade as it never has any issues and the battery life under everyday use is at least 7 days.

So no S7 for me I'm afraid I do regular research on up and coming phones but at the moment if my S5 were to go caput I would purchase a new S5. I will only move up the Samsung numbers when get back on the track of designing better phone alternatives to eliminate more and more the need for a computer.

Come on Samsung, pull out the stops and give us what we pay for, moving up, not sideways or in some instances backwards.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 30 of 36