Knowledge Base
Community

Sony Xperia range APN issue

Started by: mrcheerful
On: 08/11/2012 | 09:44
Replies: 89

by: mrcheerful
on: 18/11/2012 | 16:07 edited: 18/11/2012 | 16:12

You cant create a new APN that will save due to Andriod 4+ update. In order to get a APN for giffgaff you edit the O2 APN and save then restart your mobile.

Choose the O2 Pay&Go and then edited the rest to...

Name: O2 Pay & Go (this will already be in the name section)

APN: giffgaff.com

Username: giffgaff

Password: password

MMSC: http:// mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Click to save, then restart mobile and your data, mms etc will be with giffgaff. Your mobile if O2 branded/bought will still show O2 at start up and shut down.

Was your query resolved? please click ''solutions & kudos'' Smiley Happy .Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 90
by: kfsensitive
on: 18/11/2012 | 18:17 edited: 18/11/2012 | 18:21

Thanks a lot, I am now getting internet connection but I am still having problems with making calls,it keeps telling me that there is no service and I am out of service area when I want to make calls and I can't receive calls.I was on o2 before I transferred my number to giffgaff. I don't know if that is where the problem is from because I am obviously having problems calls and I have not touch any of the call settings, I have also reset my phone back to factory setting as well. Please can you give me any advice if you do have on what to do about this.

Thanks 

Message 12 of 90
on: 18/11/2012 | 19:36

@kfsensitive wrote:

Thanks a lot, I am now getting internet connection but I am still having problems with making calls,it keeps telling me that there is no service and I am out of service area when I want to make calls and I can't receive calls.I was on o2 before I transferred my number to giffgaff. I don't know if that is where the problem is from because I am obviously having problems calls and I have not touch any of the call settings, I have also reset my phone back to factory setting as well. Please can you give me any advice if you do have on what to do about this.

Thanks 

I am pleased you have the data connection working, I have did a google search for the calls out of service problem you are having as I don't know how to fix this. The search result suggests taking the sim out and giving a wipe then inserting again.  The other factor may be that your number transfer isn't yet 100%, and once this is done all will be ok. I am really sorry I cant be more helpful. You could also put a question in ask the community asking if others are having the no service and out of service area problem. I hope you getbthis fixed really soon, and once again I am sorry I couldn't be more helpful. 

Was your query resolved? please click ''solutions & kudos'' Smiley Happy .Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 90
by: sagemellor
on: 20/11/2012 | 22:35

Worked first time for me on my Xperia J, Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 90
on: 22/11/2012 | 17:30

@sagemellor wrote:

Worked first time for me on my Xperia J, Thanks! Smiley Happy

Glad to see my thread is helping others get this problem solved. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 90
Highlighted
by: angel1988
on: 15/12/2012 | 10:24
Thanks to OP. This has been driving me mad all morning...problem solved now Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 90
on: 15/12/2012 | 15:19

@angel1988 wrote:
Thanks to OP. This has been driving me mad all morning...problem solved now Smiley Happy

Thank you, glad it has helped you. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 90
by: patrick1651
on: 15/12/2012 | 19:34

just tried your very helpful advice but still get queued waiting to send thanks though

Message 18 of 90
on: 16/12/2012 | 13:44

@patrick1651 wrote:

just tried your very helpful advice but still get queued waiting to send thanks though

Hello patrick1651, it appears your problems may be down to current media message issues on the giffgaff network. Please keep checking the below link for any up to date information.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/Unable-to-send-receive-MMS-16-12-2012/...

Taken from above link:

Hi all,

An issue has been discovered where sending MMS messages from a giffgaff SIM fails or 'queues', it is also apparent that MMS messages cannot be received at present.

The necessary teams are investigating this matter and you will be updated as soon as we know more about the issue and when it is likely to be resolved.

Many thanks,

Christian

Message 19 of 90
by: saltpepper
on: 20/12/2012 | 21:32
great its workin nice to no somebody who knows what there talkin about cheers
Message 20 of 90