Community

Spread Giffgaff - What I Do.. by styly

Started by: styly
On: 10/04/2013 | 13:42
Replies: 109

by: styly
on: 10/04/2013 | 13:42 edited: 25/04/2013 | 14:14

FLYERS AT BOTTOM OF POST

another Payback payout is fast approaching so i'm making another last push for recruits

to be honest, i've not been doing as many since Christmas, i've had a busy few months

but now i'm back on it

here's what i do:

i bought a second hand printer from Cash Converter for £20, its an Epson Stylus SX115

printer.JPG

the inks are pretty pricey from major outlets (Wilkinsons charge £35 for a pack of all 4 colours), so instead i go to a small-time computer dude in my local indoor market as he gets me them for £2 each

i like to use proper photo quality paper as its tough and they dont flop over with the sim card attached (usually glossy too, they had none today)

paper.JPG

A4paper.JPG

and i get some double sided sticky squares from Wilkinsons for 55p, they are excellent and sticky as hell
(giffgaff sim there just to show the size of the squares)

stickysquares.JPG

..to be fair, when i design my flyers, i always keep the sim near the middle anyway to avoid any 'heavy end' problems

flyersprinted.JPG

so..

here's my monthly routine:

1st of every month i order 60 sims from giffgaff (from 2 of my 3 accounts)

then..

£2 - 2 packs of 5" x 7" Photo Paper (usually 30-36 in a pack from the local Quid Shop)

£1 - 1 pack of A4 Photo Paper (usually from the quid shop too)

£10 - 1 pack of 4 inks and an extra black

55p - 1 page of sticky squares

then i print out my 5" x 7" flyers and stick sims to them using 2 sticky squares on each (to be safe)

i also print out around 10 A4 posters with a 'giffgaff sims available here' type slogan on for shop windows

A4's.JPG

then, i put them all in a bag (plain black, could do with riggin up a giffgaff bag), and depending on the weather, wear either my giffgaff t-shirt or my giffgaff hoodie and hi ho, hi ho, its off spreading giffgaff i go!!

tshirt-jumper.JPG

i'll go into a few local shops and give them the sims on flyers, usually about 5 in each shop, then i'll just be cheeky and ask if i can put one of my A4 posters in their window, i've never been told no, but i'm a charmer Smiley Wink

shop1.jpg

THEN..

the following months are pretty much the same, but now i can see who gets rid of more than others and re-stock them accordingly, my main account has a higher sim order limit so i've always got spares there for if any of the shops ask me for more (which a couple do)

its only shops that i put the A4's up in, but cafe's, hairdressers, burger shops, chippy's etc all let me leave a few sims there too, i choose them places because thats where people 'wait' for a while so they've got time to have a quick nosey at a flyer..

i'm only getting around 10 activations a month through this method at the moment, like i said, i've not been as busy with it lately but its obviously a numbers game, the more shops i stock, the more activations i'll get

plus, as soon as i hit 3 activations a month, its paid for itself

i hope this helps others be able to get giffgaff more customers and yourselves more Payback Smiley Happy

GOOD LUCK Y'ALL!!!

MY FLYER

newflyersmall.JPG

blank affiliate version

giffgaff2013newgoodybagsAFFILIATE.jpg

"You can jail the Revolutionary, but you can never jail the Revolution"
MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 110
by: neil40
on: 10/04/2013 | 13:48
Very interesting.Thanks for posting.
What do the shops get out of it though?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 110
on: 10/04/2013 | 13:51

@neil40 wrote:
Very interesting.Thanks for posting.
What do the shops get out of it though?

well i say this 'i'm giving you them for free, if you want to give them away for free then fine, if you want to charge 50p or £1 thats up to you'

cleverly worded, i'm not encouraging they charge, but planting the seed, that way they see me as just bringing them profit every month

plus they earn comission on topups, with people wondering where you can get the top ups from, if they know a couple of shops that definitely DO, they'll return more often Smiley Happy

MY GIFFGAFF FLYERS AND RECRUITING TIPS // NEW SIM ENVELOPE DESIGN - NO GLUE DOTS!!!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 110
by: jeffpeps
Same here all my mates are on contract phones & won't give up must have more money then sense 🇬🇧
Message 4 of 110
by: ip633
Fair play to you :-)

I suppose you have to be proactive if you want to reap the rewards.

I wish I had your confidence :-)
Message 5 of 110
by: neil40
on: 10/04/2013 | 13:52
Ah ok.So the more they sell,the better for them too.
Might have to try that here in Aberdeen.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 110
on: 10/04/2013 | 13:53
to be honest, i had this conversation with a shopkeeper just yesterday..
he informed me that other networks give them £3 per sim that gets activated, i was blunt, told him i wont be doing that, but i'm a nice friendly cheeky chappy, they cant say no to me Smiley Wink
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 110
by: anth006
on: 10/04/2013 | 13:57
Thanks for sharing that styly. Really helpful post.

Makes me realise I should make a bit of effort!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 110
by: rixopod
on: 10/04/2013 | 14:12
Nice work Smiley Happy
Just wondering, what area do you live in? (Just so I know how popular that place is Smiley Tongue )
Message 9 of 110
by: rixopod
on: 10/04/2013 | 14:20
And how long does the ink usually last?
Message 10 of 110