Replies: 25

by: mijthebarber
on: 02/11/2015 | 13:06
Not Giffgaff ,,, lol talk talk I meant
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 21 of 26
by: inspiron42
on: 05/11/2015 | 08:18
Just think of all the additional personal data hackers will get from these clowns if the governments new security bill goes through.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 22 of 26
by: dugblare
on: 06/11/2015 | 10:03

Hi

Good posting

However if anyone thinks its just a talktalk user problem, then think again

Most of these companies have security breaches and don`t even tell us.

Aways use a password containing numbers and not just words. A mixture of UPPER and lower case letters is best and use @ or ! if you can. That fools the hackers

Message 23 of 26
by: jpcjpc
on: 09/11/2015 | 12:48 edited: 09/11/2015 | 12:49

dugblare wrote:

Hi

Good posting

Aways use a password containing numbers and not just words. A mixture of UPPER and lower case letters is best and use @ or ! if you can. That fools the hackers

Or better still, use several unrelated words concatenated together.

crumpledasparagussheetjourneys is more secure than \l$O9'9%|i and a lot easier to remember Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 24 of 26
by: djchalky
on: 09/11/2015 | 13:11 edited: 09/11/2015 | 13:13

jpcjpc wrote:

dugblare wrote:

Hi

Good posting

Or better still, use several unrelated words concatenated together.

crumpledasparagussheetjourneys is more secure than \l$O9'9%|i and a lot easier to remember Smiley Happy

I don't agree that is more secure, they're still dictionary words at the end of the day, much more secure to have something completely random with lots of different types of characters. 

I think companies should be made to publish their security policy, much like they have to publish their accounts. It's clear that TalkTalk didn't have the majority of this stuff encrypted and Dido Harding doesn't know her bum (don't know if we can swear!) from her elbow! In this day and age there's NO reason not to have EVERYTHING in the database encrytped. In the past it was due to the additional processing required but now that's irrelevant. This wasn't so much of a hack as an open door. 

Message 25 of 26
Highlighted
by: giff4444
on: 09/11/2015 | 15:06
Talking of dictionary words … anyone else find that "Custumer Advise" from someone who can't be bothered to properly spell "Customer Advice" … rather questions its credibility?! J
Message 26 of 26