Community

Tip to fix a faulty activation

Started by: sloz
On: 16/10/2013 | 21:48
Replies: 176

Highlighted
by: sloz
on: 16/10/2013 | 21:48 edited: 20/01/2017 | 09:40

I've noticed recently that there seems to be a few more faulty activations cropping up
( noticed 5 in the last 2 days)

This is when an account has activated succesfully online , and all account details are showing, (goodybag , credit and mobile number)
Yet the sim doesn't appear to be working, and when you dial *100# it says "not active"

This shouldn't be confused with other reasons like the phone isn't unlocked or an iPhone hasn't been synced with iTunes , or your phone isn't picking up a signal
But if you dial *100# and it gives a not active message that confirms its unlocked and actually picking up a signal

When there's a discrepancy in status between online and the phone several hours after activation, there's a slight concern things haven't activated correctly
( active online but not on your phone, and visa versa)

So after 2 or 3 hours after your account is activated online and your phone is still saying "not active" ( after the usual phone switch off snd on) do this check

Take your sim out of the phone and take note of the sim serial number on the back of the sim
Http://j.mp/activate_sim
Put the first 13 digits from the back of the sim (ignore the 4Ggg4)

In the box provided 
And click continue

It'll either say the sim is already active ,
Or
SIM Replacement
You cannot have two active SIMs. Activating a new SIM will deactivate your current SIM.

If it says the latter, you know the activation is faulty, what you should do now is carry on with the sim swap/replacement proccess

Click where it says...

"Yes I want to replace my SIM"
( on mobile browsers don't forget to scroll down to see)

On the next page click "yes I'm sure"

Your sim will hopefully be active within 30 minutes
( if the sim dosnt appear active after 30 minutes try turning the phone off and on)

It's as if the 6 digit activation code hasn't been associated with the sim, and you need the serial number to activate it correctly

Or alternatively , you've put the wrong 6 digit activation code in, but the system has accepted it

Just to add there's probably a thousand or so activations a day so its a very small percentage , but certainly something to look out for

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 177
by: kevgaxx
on: 25/11/2013 | 18:17
Nice post sloz. I've noticed a few of these issues still cropping up. On the other hand, you're often online to help anyway lol.

I'll pay a bit more attention to this possibility though.
Message 2 of 177
by: computekbrain
on: 25/11/2013 | 18:42
Thanks for this info, very helpful! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff SIM with £5 FREE credit.
Message 3 of 177
by: ma2013
on: 26/11/2013 | 08:13

Nice post, very handy to know this, particularly if others need help with this issue Smiley Happy

If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 177
by: kazzyboy
on: 12/01/2014 | 17:12
Sloz after i type in my 13 numbers it says my sim has already been activated what should i do ?
Message 5 of 177
on: 12/01/2014 | 17:32
@kazzyboy its not a faulty activation you have, I've posted on your thread
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 177
by: stephenring
on: 17/02/2014 | 14:32

sloz ive entered the 19 digit number and it states the sim card has already been activated but still my samsung states no sim? if i have to order a new sim will my talktime that i had to buy to register the sim automatically be tranfered to my new sim?

Message 7 of 177
on: 17/02/2014 | 14:43 edited: 17/02/2014 | 14:46
Hi stephen if it says its already activated it's not a faulty activation
It could be a faulty sim and if you perform a sim swap with a new sim, yes all your account details will be transferred to the new sim

Have you tried the sim in another phone to establish where the fault lies?

Have a look at this link for some tips and procedures which could possibly fix the problem

http://m.thedroidguy.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fthedroidguy.com%2F2013%2F04%2Fhow-to-solve-samsung-galaxy...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 177
by: stephenring26
on: 17/02/2014 | 20:55

Hi sloz. No i havent yet tried a different sim in my samsung, neither have i tried my sim in another phone.

That will be my next step. But thankyou for your advice. You have been a great help. Smiley Happy  

Message 9 of 177
by: nickerim2496
on: 17/02/2014 | 21:26
try differnt sims
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 177