Knowledge Base
Community

Windows 10 YouTube app (3rd party developer) Overview | Toxiic's Tips

Started by: toxiic
On: 27/10/2018 | 19:45
Replies: 9

by: toxiic
on: 27/10/2018 | 19:45 edited: 03/11/2018 | 12:41

Usually, when you want to access YouTube you have to open your browser then search or (if you have it bookmarked) click on the icon. And, that's what I did every time I wanted to visit YouTube. If you were to add up all the time spent opening your browser or a new tab, finding YouTube then potentially signing in to your Google Account - you could have wasted quite a long time.

Though, today I came across a Windows 10 app that you can download from the Microsoft Store called 'myTube'. To put it simply, this app lets you sign into your Google Account and shows you things like your history, subscriptions, watch later videos, liked videos and so on in a clean, simple UI. The reviews of the app are good in comparison to most of the Microsoft Store reviews on other products, also, the developer seems to provide regular updates to the app too.

Anyway, I won't give too much information here as it's easy to find what you need from the information and pictures I provide below.

---------------------------------------------

Link to app: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRCWF3L

Note: In app purchases are only to do with donating to the developer (which I’ve done, though it is optional).

---------------------------------------------

Below are pictures of my version of the app. Some are a bit blurry as I had to copy the pictures twice to hide any info/content I/others didn't want shown.

gg4.pngHomescreen/Dashboard

gg3.pngChannel page.

gg2.pngWatching a video

gg1.pngPicture-in-Picture mode

I'm not sponsored by the developer to post this thread, I just feel that the app should be shared as I found my use positive and readers may also find this beneficial.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

image.pngMore info on the gaff: The Gaff is a weekly newsletter releasing every friday with topics like tips, giffgaff announcements, lab highlights, blog highlights, tech news, new member introductions, photo of the week and more! To view the latest edition, simply click the relevant link below.

Message 1 of 10
by: davidevans0000
on: 27/10/2018 | 19:59
@toxiic that's good keep it up.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: allan1954
on: 03/01/2019 | 16:55
thanks @toxiic this is wonderful.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 10
by: toxiic
on: 03/01/2019 | 17:34

No problem @allan1954, it's definitely worth a look seeing as it's currently free.

For anyone that does miss it coming up as free then it probably will come up again for free in the future. Though, consider pledging some money towards it even if you got it for free as the developer regularly updates it and generally people should support smaller devs nowadays.

Message 8 of 10
by: isabel1066
on: 03/01/2019 | 18:02
@toxiic thank you and for the great info.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10