Community

giffgaffer's guide to Blackberry

Started by: darrenpainter
On: 20/09/2010 | 15:28
Replies: 340

Go to best answer
by: jester
on: 30/12/2010 | 18:06

Brilliant and thanks got it done after at first bein a numb skull....top info mate !

Please give kudos and mark my post as best answer if I helped....happy giffgaffing!Get a free giffgaff SimGet a free giffgaff Sim
Message 21 of 341
by: bekibu92
on: 01/01/2011 | 20:29

Hi,

I followed all the steps and it worked like a charm but suddenly, 5 days later, it has stopped working, tried to re-do it but that doesnt seem to work...

i think the problem is when i get to the very last step (when you go to options>advanced settings>browser) i can only select either "O2 active" or "Hotspot Browser", even though when i did it before i could select "browser".

any advice would be welcome as I'm completely and utterly lost Smiley Frustrated

thanks

Message 22 of 341
by: bekibu92
on: 05/01/2011 | 14:30

i followed all of these steps and my browser worked temporarily but then stopped, i then wiped the handset and followed the steps again.

However, i now realise that once you restore the new service book you have to delete everything apart from the entries shown by anworm...well thats what happened to me anyway...seems to be working fine for me now except it doesnt seem to use wifi for the browser anymoreSmiley Frustrated but i dont mind this because i can just use the giffgaff network anyway...

hope this helps anyone in the same situation Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 341
by: bleachforbrains
on: 07/01/2011 | 01:45

Hey there,

This is probably a totally retarded question but I've been using my BB with GG for a couple weeks now, and with the help of this guide it's perfect, I have internet and everything, the only thing I can't get to work is MMS/Picture Messaging.

Is that something to do with BIS or have I missed settings somewhere?

Cheers guys :]

Message 24 of 341
by: darrenpainter
on: 07/01/2011 | 07:07
As mentioned in the guide MMS settings would normally come via BIS, there is no manual setting where you can adjust them, and unfortunately no one as yet has hacked the service books to enable it, so I'm afraid MMS is not possible
Message 25 of 341
by: lynsey11
on: 20/01/2011 | 22:03
Thanks very helpfull
Message 26 of 341
by: mster
on: 30/01/2011 | 16:46

Hi, I have tried changing the TCP on my blackberry 8800 but the internet still doesn't work. Can anyone please give me some help?

Message 27 of 341
by: darrenpainter
on: 30/01/2011 | 16:50

@mster wrote:

Hi, I have tried changing the TCP on my blackberry 8800 but the internet still doesn't work. Can anyone please give me some help?

Are you still trying to use the built in browser on the 8800, that will not work unless you perform the hacks explained in the guide.

Have you downloaded and installed an alternative web browser such as Opera mini or Bolt as they can use the giffgaff apn 

Message 28 of 341
by: hagane
on: 04/02/2011 | 21:12

Hello.
I'm a bit confused. So I got my BB 9300, and default browser works with wireless, but doesn't work with operator.

Do I need to follow this guide, or if my browser works with wireless then it's alright and I just need to top up credit or smth to get mobile internet?

Message 29 of 341
by: mary_r_t
on: 04/02/2011 | 21:13

The detault browser will work with wireless but will not work with giffgaff. You need to follow the guide to get mobile internet access even although you can get access with wirelss.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Urban Myths - The truth is out there!
Message 30 of 341