Community

giffgaffer's guide to iPhone / iOS

Started by: essexmate
On: 11/08/2010 | 16:22
Replies: 576

by: essexmate
on: 11/08/2010 | 16:22 edited: 30/05/2013 | 20:41

Hello iOS giffgaffers.

I've designed an A4 leaflet which folds to DL size, giving all the giffgaff settings and information for iPhone and iPad users.

The settings information given includes the **NEW** giffgaff APN settings as of November 2012. 

You might like to download it to get you going, or maybe print it out and send it to your iPhone friends when you include a 'Spread the Word' SIM. I hope this helps everyone get started.

You can view/download the leaflet here: giffgaffer's guide to iPhone/iOS

Let me know what you think. I hope I haven't missed out anything! All the best, giffgaffers!

**EDIT (30/05/2013)**...   Updated information. NanoSIMs now available from giffgaff.

**EDIT (27/11/2012)**...   New version uploaded with new giffgaff APN settings (November 2012) and information about the official giffgaff iPhone app (available to download from the App Store).

Page 1

Page 2

iPhone guideofficial giffgaff nanoSIM with £5 free creditOrder a microSIM with £5 free creditOrder a giffgaff SIM
Message 1 of 577
by: ycbeta
on: 11/08/2010 | 16:40

fantastic!

Message 2 of 577
by: craig5201
on: 11/08/2010 | 19:18

very good info

thanks

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Click here to request a giffgaff MICRO SIM with £5 FREE credit.
Message 4 of 577
by: panther97
on: 11/08/2010 | 23:47

Awesome. Keep up the good work Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 577
on: 12/08/2010 | 09:44

Thanks guys Smiley Happy

I hope to be able to do some more promotional leaflet type things very soon to help you get your friends onto giffgaff.

I will keep this iPhone pdf guide updated as well if there are any new developments worth mentioning.

Feel free to PM me if you think something should be added or changed. I just wanted to create an easy to use leaflet to help guide the user to setting up their phone after sim activation, learn the basic giffgaff numbers (like 443 for voicemail), customise the phone with giffgaff apps from the app store etc. Basically a 'one-stop' shop to get started on giffgaff!

All the best. D

iPhone guideofficial giffgaff nanoSIM with £5 free creditOrder a microSIM with £5 free creditOrder a giffgaff SIM
Message 6 of 577
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 13/08/2010 | 10:20

All I can say is... Dude! Sweet!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 7 of 577
by: darrenpainter
on: 13/08/2010 | 10:24
I could see a future for essexmate writing various giffgaff guides for xxxxxxxx, just like all those XXXXXXX for dummies books. Well done on a great guide.
Message 8 of 577
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 13/08/2010 | 10:34

Indeed, we could use a bunch of these guides *hint* *hint* ^^

This one has jam, lollipop, molten boiled sweets, drips of ice cream and chewing-gum all over it!

In other words... it's sticky Smiley Very Happy

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 9 of 577
on: 13/08/2010 | 11:36

Lol @darrenpainter and @vincent - i take the hint! Not sure I could bring myself down to the level of promoting the blackberry though! Smiley Tongue I'm an Apple fanboy here (and giffgaff of course)!

Although it would be an interesting idea to have some giffgaff guides for the more popular models. The iPhone guide was easy for me to do as I use one and know the menus and structure of it. I've never used a blackberry or an android, so I am not familiar with their layout or setup etc.

I could definitely do a design of leaflet for other models of phone in the same format as above but I would need serious help with someone providing me with phone screenshots and telling me exactly how the phone is set up and likewise any apps or other special phone features relating to giffgaff.

Send me a private message if you like to discuss. 

Let's keep this thread though strictly for the iPhone, so that it doesn't start getting confusing talking about other phone models.

Message 10 of 577