Knowledge Base
Community

handset delivery issu never trust them they are liars and fraud

Started by: meganazmul89
On: 28/05/2015 | 01:00
Replies: 9

by: meganazmul89
on: 28/05/2015 | 01:00

i bought one i phone 6 64 gb from giffgaff 2 weeks ago but the uk mail told me they left to my neighbour so been to my neighbour they told me they haven't receive nothing so i contact the giff gaff and the giff gaff team responsResponse Katriona from the giffgaff team

18 May 2015 16:49
Hi there Nazmul,

It's Katriona here from the handset team. I've received a response from the courier that the driver has returned on two occasions. He buzzed for flat 7 but they refused to answer the door and number 11 was not at home so a card has been left with drivers contact details. The driver will make a final attempt today so if you make sure someone is at home and your handset can be delivered to you.

Thanks again,

Katriona at giffgaff team

and then after 1 day giffgaf sent me 

Customer

19 May 2015 16:49
Hello
Please can you give me the depot address please

Response Katriona from the giffgaff team

18 May 2015 19:40
Hi Nazmul,

You’re very welcome.

I'll update you soon and if you need anything in the meantime, get in touch with me.

Speak soon Nazmul,

Customer

18 May 2015 19:33
Thank yo so much !!!!

18 May 2015 19:14
Hi there Nazmul,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding your handset delivery. I've emailed the courier to have the handset left at the depot for you to collect this. If you simply bring a form of photographic ID such as a driver’s license or a passport and I'll update you of when the handset is at the depot and where this is as soon as I receive a response.

Speak to you soon,

so now they told me they cant do nothing 

22 May 2015 15:49
Hi Nazmul,

Thanks for your quick response regarding your handset delivery. The courier have stated that the driver went to flat 11 and the person who signed for this advised a man from your address flat 7 has already been to pick this up from your address. When the driver proceeded to knock at flat 7 someone refused to open the door so a refund cannot be given by either giffgaff or UK Mail. UK Mail has proof of signature, as do we so unfortunately a refund cannot be given.

Kind regards,

so please tell me what i can do i have to pay what i never recieve?

Message 1 of 10
by: pwincess2k13
on: 28/05/2015 | 01:10 edited: 28/05/2015 | 01:12

The day of your delivery sone one should of stayed at home to collect the delivery I would now suggest you go to flat 11 and find out if they have got your phone 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: misba_786
on: 28/05/2015 | 01:16
You could perhaps try and speak to flat 11 again and if not, call the courier company and ask to see the signature of the person who signed for your parcel? It may make things easier if you know exactly who signed for it
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
by: tina66
on: 28/05/2015 | 01:27
I feel for you, I would be distraught if it was me. I would definitely contact the courier and ask to see 'that' signature 😏
TINA
-?⭐-
Message 4 of 10
by: xavtia
on: 28/05/2015 | 02:46

I'd been contacting BBC's watchdog.

It's easy to say you should be in on the day of delivery but that's hard when they don't always turn up on the day you're expecting and often you aren't warned when they will turn up.

I ran an idea that giffgaff should insist that handsets only be left at the address, they wont allow the handsets to be delivered to work addresses but can be left with random neighbours, (assuming they are telling the truth).

Sad really as Carphone Warehouse use DPD and when I ordered a £5 bog standard phone for my dad, they didn't notify us when they were going to deliver so we weren't in, the driver came back as he said they aren't allowed to leave handsets at any other address.

Too late now, but as a tip in future when ordering anything to be delivered by courier, if it asks about delivery instructions, I always state no safe place and not to be left with neighbours.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 10
by: spog
on: 28/05/2015 | 08:40

I would think this is now a matter for the Police to deal with as somebody has signed for the phone and is not handing it over to the person it was addressed to. This used to be called "Theft" and still is in my eyes.

Message 6 of 10
by: ukadi
on: 28/05/2015 | 11:26
I would report to police as well, as there is no way I'd pay for a phone I didn't receive. also get the signature from the courier company.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 10
by: padiho
on: 28/05/2015 | 11:32
Even getting the signature from the courier company may not help you. I do courier work sometimes and half the signatures aren't legible. I feel your pain but if expecting something as expensive as this...you have to stay in or arrange for someone to stay in for you. Hope you get it sorted
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 10
by: subasht
on: 28/05/2015 | 13:36
seems like the person at flat 11 has got the phone.. or the uk mail (driver) are lying
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10
by: aktachande
on: 28/05/2015 | 14:55
Please go to flat 11 and check they have your phone.
Message 10 of 10