Knowledge Base

Can you send a "proof of usage" for my insurer?

Started ‎04-02-2013 by
Modified ‎27-07-2018 by

In the unfortunate event of losing your handset, we would be more than happy to help you provide your insurer with your proof of usage. To do this, please ensure you follow the steps below before making contact with giffgaff agents.

More Information

  • Report your phone and SIM as Lost / Stolen if you have not already done so. You must ensure you bar your SIM and your handset. We cannot provide proof of usage for members who do not report their phone and SIM lost / stolen.
  • Contact your Insurer. They will create a case and issue you a claim reference number. Take good note of this reference. Please also obtain the e-mail address of your insurance company. This is so we can send the form directly to them.
  • Log into your account and proceed to contact an agent. Be sure to provide us with all the requested information:
    • Exact make and model of device.
    • Device's IMEI Number (If known). Check the device's packaging / receipt if you still have it. To find the IMEI from the handset dial *#06# now and make a note of it.
    • Claim Reference Number (given by insurer).
    • e-mail address of your insurance company.

This request can take up to 5 working days if the IMEI number of the stolen device is unknown.

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question