Knowledge Base
Community

Guide to texting 43430 (Inbound SMS)

Started ‎06-02-2013 by
Modified ‎23-05-2019 by

We found out that some of our giffgaff members were answering our automatic texts with specific queries, so we devised a way to answer them. This system identifies keywords in SMS sent to 43430 and triggers an appropriate response. We call it Inbound SMS.

Here are the messages you will receive when you send specific keywords to 43430.

Theme

Keyword (contains)

The text  you will receive

Number

Number

"Your phone number is {phone number}, your membername is {membername}. To see this info including your balance, head here: giffgaff.com/dashboard"

Membername

User name

Membername

Username

"Your membername is {membername}. Just so you know, your personalised order link is giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/{membername}"

Balance

Balance

Allowance

How much

"To check your remaining balance dial *100# from your phone. For remaining goodybag minutes dial *100*7#."

Auto top-up

Auto

"Check your auto top-up settings head to: giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details. If you had a failed payment you'll need to top-up again to reset your auto top-up"

Goodybag

Goody

Bag

Bundle

Goodybag

Goodi

"To check your current goodybag minute balance and expiry date dial *100*7# or head to my giffgaff: giffgaff.com/dashboard (membername: {membername})"

Password

Password

PWD

Pass

Forgotten

"Click here to reset your password: giff.ly/pw_reset.

Your reset email will be sent to {email}

Just so you know your membername is: {membername}"

Top-up

Topup

Credit

Pounds

£

"To buy a goodybag: head online to giffgaff.com. To use a top-up voucher, head online or call 43430 & enter your top-up voucher number. Check balance dial *100#"

MMS settings

MMS

Picture

"For MMS settings see giff.ly/gg_settings. You'll need credit to send a MMS as they cost 16p. To check your balance dial *100#"

Stop

Stop

Cancel

Opt

Note: Texting STOP will not change members preferences. They must log into My giffgaff and change their settings.

"To unsubscribe from giffgaff marketing text/email communications, please head to: giffgaff.com/profile/details and update your preferences."

Payback

Payback

"To check your latest points tally which is updated monthly - head to my giffgaff: giffgaff.com/dashboard(membername: {membername})"

Email

Email

"Auto response: To update your email address, please log in and update it  here: giffgaff.com/profile/details (membername: {membername})"

Recommended Plan

Plan

Recommended

Note: the recommended plan is based on a members usage done on a 30-day rolling basis. Usage will be up to 2 days old:

Older than 30 days:
"Recommended plan: {RecommendedPlan} (last 30 days use to non giffgaff U.K. numbers: {mins}, {texts} texts, {MB}) giff.ly/ggdeals"

New, not used phone for more than 28 days.
"Since dd/mm you've used: {mins} mins, {texts}texts, {MB}MB. We can recommend a plan for you once you've used giffgaff for a month. For advice see giff.ly/ggdeals"

New, just started using giffgaff, summary not available yet:
"We don't have enough information about how you've used your phone yet to give you a recommended plan. Check back again in a week's time."

Help

Help

Never

Not working

Question

"Auto response: As we're an online only company, to get help please head to: giffgaff.com/support or ask the community who can assist 24/7"

Spreading giffgaff

MGM

Spread

"Your membername is {membername}. Just so you know, your personalised order link is giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/{membername}"

My giffgaff App

App

Download

Note: We auto-detect members' devices where we can to make sure we're sending the relevant link. If we can't detect it for whatever reason, we'll send them links for all of our apps so they can pick.

iOS
"Hey you, you can download the iOS app here: giff.ly/gg_iApp"

Android
"Hey you, you can download the Android app here: giff.ly/Andr_app"

Fire OS
"Hey you, you can download the Fire OS app here: giff.ly/Amzn_app"

Unknown
"Hey you, the My giffgaff app is currently available to download on the following operating systems: Android giff.ly/Andr_app Apple giff.ly/gg_iApp Fire OS giff.ly/Amzn_app"

Other (i.e. everything else that doesn't have one of the keywords)

Note: giff.ly/43430SMS directs back to this guide.

"Auto reply: Oops, sorry we didn't get that. Check out the community guide to keywords you can text us: giff.ly/43430SMS Need help? Head to giffgaff.com/support."

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question