Guide to top-up
How do I top up? What are my top-up payment options?
You can top up your credit using either your debit / credit card online, PayPal or by buying a top-up voucher. If you're on your mobile, you can head to giffgaff.com/mobile for a mobile friendly top-up experience.
Here is a quick video by community member flaxvert that will guide you through all the steps.
If you would rather read about it check out the section below:
How to top up with a debit / credit card
It's very easy to top up your account using a debit / credit card. Just log in and follow these instructions:
- Click Top-up at the top of the website.
- Select the goodybag / gigabag or airtime value you want to purchase.
- Review your basket and click on Continue.
- If you have selected a goodybag, you are given the opportunity to renew it automatically. If you have selected a credit value, you are given the opportunity to auto top-up. See below for more information.
- Fill in your card details and address. if your details are stored, you just need to enter the CVV of your card.
- Click on Confirm order. You are all done.
These credit / debit cards are accepted: Visa credit / debit (including Electron), MasterCard credit / debit (including Switch).
We don't accept American Express or Diners Club - if you have one of these cards, you'll need to purchase a top-up voucher.
How to redeem a voucher
giffgaff vouchers can be bought in most shops providing epay, payzone or paypoint services. Don't know where to find one of these shops near you? Check this article for more details. You can also find them in Post Offices and most supermarkets. If you cannot get a giffgaff voucher, O2 and Tesco Mobile vouchers will also work.
The voucher can be redeemed from your giffgaff mobile, or online. If you are activating a SIM for the first time with a voucher then this must be done online the first time. Just click on Activate by voucher.
- From your mobile Call 43430 for free with your giffgaff phone and follow the voice prompts along the way.
- Online: Log in and head to the Top-up page.
- In the bottom right click on Redeem a voucher to load the top-up by voucher page.
- Enter your voucher's 16 digit code (without spaces) in the field and click on Redeem
Please note that top-up vouchers can take up to 24 hours to be applied to your account balance (though usually much sooner).
How to Auto top-up
Auto top-up means when your account drops below £3 it'll will automatically top up by the amount of £10, £15, £20, £25 or £30 by your selected credit / debit card, up to a maximum per month that you've specified. That can be either 1, 2 or 3 times in a month.
If you've already stored your credit card details - just tick the box and select the amount you'd like to be topped up by each time your balance drops below £3. Auto top-up is not currently available on MasterCard debit (Maestro or Switch) or Solo cards.
- How do I top up using a giffgaff top-up voucher?
- How do I set up an auto top-up if my balance gets low?
- How do I check my giffgaff balance?
- Guide to goodybags and gigabags
- Why has my top up failed