Get Help
Community

I don't have any data or minutes left, what can I do?

Started ‎24-09-2014 by
Modified ‎26-07-2017 by

If you find that your gigabag has run out of data early, or that your goodybag has run out of either calls or data you can keep on using our services at PAYG rates using your airtime credit until your gigabag / goodybag expires.

Another solution is to simply purchase a new plan (goodybag or gigabag) to start right now.

Here is a quick video that will guide you through all the steps.

Note: As of the 18th of May 2017, the amount of remaining data and minutes that qualifies for early repurchase has changed from 5MB to 50MB and 5 minutes to 50 minutes. The video below describes it as otherwise.

If you would rather read about it check out the section below:

More Information

• It is only possible to start a goodybag early when you have less than 50 minutes or 50MB left in your current goodybag and at any time up to 7.30 p.m. on the expiry date of the current goodybag.
  • You can start a recurring or queued goodybag up to 9pm on the day of expiry of your active goodybag
  • You can queue a goodybag up to 10pm if you complete it online
  • You can queue a goodybag if you do it via the 43430 top up line but you must do it before 9pm.

You can start your queued goodybag / gigabag early by following the below step by step instructions:

•  Login to your giffgaff account here
  • Head on over to your giffgaff dashboard
  • If you have less than 50 minutes or 50MB's in your active plan then a message will appear under My goodybags (Shown below)
Example ScreenExample Screen
  • Now click the "Start my queued goodybag now" button (example shown above)
  • Your new goodybag will now show as active on your giffgaff dashboard here

Please note: Starting your queued goodybag / gigabag early will remove any remaining allowance (data, texts, minutes) that you may have left on your active goodybag / gigabag.

You can start a recurring goodybag / gigabag early by following the below step by step instructions:

• Login to your giffgaff account here
  • Head on over to your giffgaff dashboard
  • If you have less than 50 minutes or 50MB's in your active plan then a message will appear under My goodybags
  • Now click the "Start my recurring goodybag now" button
  • You can choose a different goodybag before you pay.
  • You will now be directed to the payment screen.
  • Confirm that you wish to pay for your new goodybag / gigabag with the card details already stored within your giffgaff account by selecting "Pay Now"
  • An order confirmation screen will now be shown
  • Your new goodybag will now show as active on your giffgaff dashboard here

Please note: Starting a recurring goodybag / gigabag early will remove any remaining allowance (data, texts, minutes) that you may have left on your active goodybag / gigabag.

You can start your queued goodybag / gigabag early by following the below step by step instructions:

• Login to your giffgaff app
  • If you have less than 50 minutes or 50MB's in your active plan then a message will appear under My goodybags
  • Now click the "Start your next goodybag now" button
  • Your new goodybag will now show as active on your "My Account" tab

Please note: Starting your queued goodybag / gigabag early will remove any remaining allowance (data, texts, minutes) that you may have left on your active goodybag / gigabag.

You can start a recurring goodybag / gigabag early by following the below step by step instructions:

• Login to your giffgaff app
  • If you have less than 50 minutes or 50MB's in your active plan then a message will appear under My goodybags (Shown below)

Apple IOS / Android / Windows App viewsApple IOS / Android / Windows App views

• Now click the "Start your next goodybag now" button (example shown above)
  • When you select a new goodybag or gigabag or recur your plan early, the payment for the new plan is taken at this point and a payment confirmation page is displayed.
  • Confirm that you wish to pay for your new goodybag / gigabag with the card details already stored within your giffgaff account by selecting "Pay using card" (shown below)
Payment Screen - Apple / IOS, Android, WindowsPayment Screen - Apple / IOS, Android, Windows
    • An order confirmation screen will now be shown
    • Your new goodybag will now show as active on your "My Account" tab

Please note: Starting a recurring goodybag / gigabag early will remove any remaining allowance (data, texts, minutes) that you may have left on your active goodybag / gigabag.

Your first port of call when you need help is:

• Our Help & Support forum

Our Help & Support forum is available 24/7, 365 days a year to assist with most issues excluding account / payment related enquiries (however they can point you in the right direction for the relevant assistance if asked).

You can post a help request here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/bd-p/QA1 , Please select the "Start a new topic" button and then describe your issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not include any personal details (email, phone number, card or bank account details) within your post as it is a public forum.

Please stick around after posting so that you can see all the helpful replies & to answer any questions that our helpers may have. Please note the page does not automatically show new replies and answers . You will need to manually refresh the page to allow new replies and answers to appear. 

• Our giffgaff Agents

Our agents are giffgaff employees who have access to your giffgaff account and can assist you further with payment & account related issues. Our agents can take up to 24 hours to respond to your enquiries so its always best to check if your issue can be solved quicker through our Help & Support forum.

You can ask an agent about your issue using this superb guide here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/When-to-contact-an-agent/ta-p/9114714

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question