Knowledge Base
Community

I have a goodybag, why can't I send a text?

Started ‎06-02-2013 by
Modified ‎07-12-2018 by

Well, there might me multiple reasons. To make it easy, we've gathered the most common of them and put them in an article. Take a look below.

More Information

Premium numbers are not included in any of our goodybag's and are paid from your airtime balance. If you don't have enough credits in your balance to send the text then it will be blocked in your outbox.

The price of Premium texts depends from the service provider you are trying to reach but they typically range from 10p to £1.50 per text. More information is available in this article.

Foreign numbers are not included in any of our goodybag's and are paid from your airtime balance. If you don't have enough credits in your balance to send the text then it will be blocked in your outbox.

The price of texts to foreign numbers depend from the country of the phone number you are trying to reach. The tariffs for all the countries are available in our International pricing guide.

Note: Calls, texts and data charges are now cheaper if you have an active plan and are calling from the E.U. and select countries.

If you are using your giffgaff number from abroad then please keep in mind that you can't use your goodybag's allowance and that all calls, texts and data connections are debited from your balance. If you don't have enough credits in your balance to send the text then it will be blocked in your outbox.

The price of texts from abroad depends from the country you are visiting. The tariffs for all the countries are available in our International pricing guide.

Note: Calls, texts and data charges are now cheaper if you have an active plan and are calling from the E.U. and select countries.

If you're new to giffgaff or have just changed your phone then you might have a problem with your settings so ensure that the message centre number is correctly set to +44 78020 02606. Normally this is set automatically.

To reset this from an iPhone simply dial **5005*7672*+447802002606#.

From other phones this will need to be done manually.

If it was working fine and stopped unexpectedly then you can see this guide to reset your SMS settings called Force the change of SMS settings.

On some phones it is possible to set SMS and MMS messaging to OFF. Ensure that your phone settings are set to allow texting.

Check that there is enough space to allow new text messages and any limit hasn't been exceeded.

If none of the above applies to you then it's possible that your goodybag is not active. To verify the status of your goodybag, log in and look at the "My account" section on the right. It will give you your available balance and the details of your active goodybag. If you have no active goodybag, it will look like this:

dashboard.png

You can verify your last bought goodybag in your Payment history.

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question