Knowledge Base
Community

Recurring goodybags guide

Started ‎25-06-2012 by
Modified ‎27-07-2018 by

As a goodybag lasts only one month, we found it was easy to forget to buy a new one so we created the recurring goodybags. This way, you can select the option to activate a new goodybag, each time your current goodybag expires, and save you the effort of doing it yourself every month.

Here is a quick video that will guide you through all the steps.

If you would rather read about it check out the section below:

If you require subtitles for this video then they are available by pressing the "subtitles/closed captions" button. Other languages are available within "settings" then "Auto translate".

More Information

Here is the list of everything you need to know about recurring goodybags:

• You can set your goodybag to recur indefinitely, (whilst your everything is ok with your Paypal account and your credit/debit card is still valid).
  • If you already have an active goodybag you can choose to recur it, which means that as soon as this goodybag expires, your next goodybag will be automatically purchased and activated.
  • You can only set to automatically renew a goodybag if you already have an active goodybag, if you're in the process of purchasing a goodybag or activating a new SIM.
  • When you activate a SIM card with a goodybag purchase, the monthly recurrence is set to ON by default and the goodybag will recur automatically each month. You can choose to disable the recurrence during the goodybag purchase or later in the My payments section.
  • You can change or cancel your recurrence at any time up to 7:30pm on the day your goodybag renewal is due.
  • The only two possible methods of payment for recurring goodybags are using your credit/debit card or your Paypal account; you cannot opt to use any airtime credit you may have.
  • Payment of a goodybag will occur the moment the goodybag kicks in.
  • If you have a queued goodybag, you'll not be able to switch recurrence on until your active goodybag expires, unless you're going through the process of starting your queued goodybag early (because the call/data allowance in your active goodybag has run out or is running low).
  • Recurring your goodybag will extend your free giffgaff-to-giffgaff calls but only from the time the recurring goodybag becomes active.
  • If you have chosen to recur your goodybag but there's no cash in your bank account when it's payment time, you'll need to check with your bank to see if you will incur charges.
  • Due to technical reasons, we cannot accept requests for recurring goodybags between 7:30pm and midnight on the expiry date of an existing goodybag. This includes cancelling a recur you may have setup on your account.
  • If a recurring goodybag fails or a payment is declined then the member will be notified by email to tell them. Texts messages are not sent to notify members.

When you activate a new SIM the recurring option is turned ON by default. This means that your selected goodybag will renew each month without you needing to worry about it.

During the SIM activation process you will have the option to turn the recurring option to OFF if you wish.

You can choose to turn recurring ON or OFF at any time upto 7.30 pm on the day the goodybag expires in the My payments section.

If you don't have an active goodybag yet

If you don't currently have an active goodybag, you'll first need to purchase one. To do this all you have to do is to select the goodybag you want from this page.

During the purchase process, you'll be asked if you want to recur the same goodybag next month. All you have to do is to select this option and the same goodybag will be automatically applied each month. Bingo, that's it!

If you already have an active goodybag

If you already have an active goodybag, then all you need to do is visit your My giffgaff page, where you will see the My goodybags section. By this section you'll see a message telling you that you can switch your goodybag to automatically renew itself.

Just click on the link and then follow the instructions from the My Payments screen.

In the bottom half of the My Payments you can select change then Recur your goodybag settings.

All you need to do is click the Recur your selected goodybag check box to recur your current goodybag, and then click on the Save recurring settings button.

If you want to change the type of goodybag you want to recur, then just select the goodybag you want to recur in the table on the same page, and then click on the Save recurring settings button.

Note: You will need to add your debit/credit card or PayPal details if you want to recur.

You can set up your recurring goodybag from our mobile site. All you need to do is:

• Select My Payment Details
  • Select Recur your goodybag
  • If you want to recur your current goodybag, just click on the Recur your selected goodybag check box and then Save recurring settings
  • If you want to change the type of goodybag you want to recur, click on the goodybag icon, and then select the goodybag you require.
  • Once you have selected the goodybag you require and clicked on Save recurring settings, you're all done!

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question