Knowledge Base
Community

At last... Tempted, Getting ready to join...

Started by: vedicrap
On: 01/11/2011 | 17:20
Replies: 11

Go to best answer
by: vedicrap
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:20 edited: 01/11/2011 | 17:26

I am personally excited to join GiffGaff community itself, now I have ordered an iphone recently and in a week I would have it on my hand...

I have few questions...

Will Skype work on GiffGaff?

I am planning to buy £10 goodybag every month, will it fall under contract? or does it fall under pay as you go? (I dont want to be under any contract)

Will the voice mail be charged on GiffGaff?

Thank you.

Robot Very Happy

Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: thomasb_94
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:27
skype will work fine if you have a data connection and it is pay as you go. you can stop buying them whenever you want anyway Smiley Happy
Click on the link below to order a free sim with £5 credit on it Smiley Very Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
by: thomasb_94
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:27
skype will work fine if you have a data connection and it is pay as you go. you can stop buying them whenever you want anyway Smiley Happy
Click on the link below to order a free sim with £5 credit on it Smiley Very Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 12
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:28

Thank you, I have added another question about the voicemail...  Robot tongue

much appreciate your reply... 

Message 3 of 12
by: lorri
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:28 edited: 01/11/2011 | 17:34

@vedicrap wrote:

I am personally excited to join GiffGaff community itself, now I have ordered an iphone recently and in a week I would have it on my hand...

I have few questions...

I am planning to buy £10 goodybag every month, will it fall under contract? or does it fall under pay as you go? (I dont want to be under any contract)

Thank you.

Robot Very Happy

On giffgaff there is no such thing as a contract so you can change to whatever you want each month, they are bringing in the facility to pay for automatic renewing by direct debit though because some people don't want to have to top up each month.

Voicemail comes out of your goodybag, I'm not sure if its a one minute charge regardless of how long you're on it, I don't use it.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 12
by: cbh1948
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:29 edited: 01/11/2011 | 17:30

You will not be tied into any contract.  Voicemail will be charged as 1 minute from your goodybag (even if you stay on the line to voicemail for 10 minutes).

But get the Hullomail app and it will just come from your data allowance, which is unlimited.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: bbagguley
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:29 edited: 01/11/2011 | 17:30

there are never any contracts on giffgaff and when you call your voicemail it will use a minute out of your goodybag minutes

Give Kudos if my post was useful & Click Accept As Solution to let us know if your query is solved!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: bonusball
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:30

@vedicrap wrote:

I have few questions...

Thank you.

Robot Very Happy

Yes skype will work

No contact it's PAYG

Voicemail is 1 min from goody bag or 8p per call from credit

Message 7 of 12
by: hc_1540
on: 01/11/2011 | 17:47

@cbh1948 wrote:

You will not be tied into any contract.  Voicemail will be charged as 1 minute from your goodybag (even if you stay on the line to voicemail for 10 minutes).

But get the Hullomail app and it will just come from your data allowance, which is unlimited.

You learn something new every day! Never realised Voicemail comes out of the goodybag minutes, always thought it came out of credit regardless of whether you had a goodybag or not. I've had it turned off since I joined, time to compose a "hilarious" message methinks...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
by: duddriks
on: 01/11/2011 | 18:31
If on goodybag, 1min, outside goodybag 8p per voicemail call
Have I helped? Click on the star! Have I solved your query? Mark as solved!.

Free sim/microsim with £5 free credit: http://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/duddriks

If I have given feedback on your idea, please do the same to my ideas. Thanks!
Message 9 of 12
on: 01/11/2011 | 18:56

Thank you everyone for your kind reply.... its so good to see so many ppl actively involved and replying with such care... Robot Happy

I called 3 and diconnected by sim only contract today, I WILL join GiffGaff this month 20th as my contract completes on 29th...

Robot Indifferent

Message 10 of 12