Automated top via phone?

Started by: g7acu
On: 02/07/2011 | 12:00
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: g7acu
on: 02/07/2011 | 12:00

Hi guys and gals.

My apologies if this has been covered, but my search hasn't found the answer.

I'm considering swapping my kids onto GG (have the sims at the ready and awaiting PAC codes), but just wanted to confirm the top-up options available.  The current provider has a system whereby my debit card is assigned against each number and I can top-up directly via a voice prompted phone call, i.e., I can basically top-up from anywhere.  Is there a similar system available on GG or is the top-up only possible online or via voucher?

Further more, should I top-up a phone by (say) £10, is that credit available to buy a Goodybag immediately and how quickly does the bundle become active against the phone.

Thanks in advance and apologies again should this be a repeat question.

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: fiendishlyclever
on: 03/07/2011 | 09:13
There is also the altruistic top up, where you can do a one off top up (to a different account) without having to log onto each account - could be useful to some people
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 8
by: andreww
on: 02/07/2011 | 12:04

top up is by voucher (o2 or giffgaff) or debit/credit card online. Or you can set auto top up which will renew by £10 whenever you fall below £3 (charged to card)

top ups are immediately available to buy a goodybag (or you can buy a goodybag directly by card) Smiley Happy

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 2 of 8
by: harima
on: 02/07/2011 | 12:06
Yes mate u can top up by voucher and by credit/debt card, u can use O2 voucher and giffgaff vouchersSmiley Happy

you can top up any number see here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/fancy-top-up-another-number/m-p/644921/mess...

U need to buy the goodybags manually, once top up then convert ur credit into a goodybag see this guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/Buy-a-goodybag-with-existing-credit-New-Ver...

hope you have good time with giffgaffSmiley Very Happy

If you wanted a free sim with £5 free credit,click the image belowSmiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: socrates
on: 02/07/2011 | 12:09
See here for ways to top up
http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/193/session/L3NpZC9XSDZyYnVoaw%3D%3D

Sounds like the auto top up option may suit you best?

Click banner above for free sim, If you'd like fast 1st class delivery of sim/micro sim PM me
Message 4 of 8
by: connorl
on: 02/07/2011 | 12:12

YOu can top up via phone with a voucher by dialing: 43430

Message 5 of 8
by: harima
on: 02/07/2011 | 12:15
You can use an O2 voucher or giffgaff top up voucher just key in 43430 or 4444 then enter ur 16 digits Smiley Happy

Or you can top up by credit/debit cardSmiley Happy

If you wanted a free sim with £5 free credit,click the image belowSmiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
by: fiendishlyclever
on: 03/07/2011 | 09:13
There is also the altruistic top up, where you can do a one off top up (to a different account) without having to log onto each account - could be useful to some people
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 8
by: g7acu
on: 03/07/2011 | 14:00

Thanks for the replies guys.  I'd seen all these options but I'd hoped a method similar to that which I currently use was available too, as it helps control the spend and provides for instant top-up if if I'm no where near a PC etc.  I'd considered the auto-topup, but I need to monitor/control each account.

Cheers all for your time.

Message 8 of 8