Started by: kiesha_p
On: 15/05/2019 | 15:20
Replies: 69

by: kiesha_p
handy giff-staffer

on: 15/05/2019 | 15:20 edited: 15/05/2019 | 15:39

Facebook_Instagram_template_1080x1080_run by you_leeon1988.jpg

Say hello to Leeon

It’s that time of the month again, where we pick a run by you hero to celebrate. This month’s hero is Leeon!

No doubt many of you know him by his member name @leeon1988. He’s been a giffgaff member since 2017.
In just 2 years he’s helped us shape the way we review phones, written tech blogs and been part of some pretty epic brand moments (you can spot him around the country, on our outdoor ads).

Leeon’s in control
Leeon uses his passion for photography and tech to create high quality content; and come up with creative, inspiring ways to engage other giffgaff members. As a result, he’s developed quite a following in some of you members and, as a thankyou from us all, got various giffgaff rewards along the way.

Leading the conversation
Leeon’s exciting journey with giffgaff began when he bought a phone from us. Being the legend that he is - Leeon decided to share his experience with the rest of the community, and got a response he never expected. Oodles of you marvelous members started getting back to him, thanking him for his helpful advice.

“After a couple of days, I logged back in and surprisingly I saw a ton of encouraging comments and kudos from other members in the community.” 

Seeing the positive impact his content had, and the opportunity to connect with like minded folks, Leeon decided to keep creating content for you. He started chatting to giffgaff staff, working closely with us to create engaging, helpful reviews for our members. He got his hands on some of the newest, shiniest phones and we provided him with a platform to share his impressions. Lots of members have loved it!

“The giffgaff community has connected me with many wonderful and talented people who share similar interests as myself. It’s nice having a place where I can just be myself sharing with others the passion I have for tech.” 

Making history together
We absolutely loved Leeon’s work and passion, so we kept giving him more opportunities to be involved. We got him a pair of tickets to British Summer Time festival; invited him to join us for the Which? Awards, and most recently asked him to take part in our 2019 brand campaign - which is all about celebrating our members. Now you can see his lovely smile on posters all over the country. Blimey, you’ve been busy haven’t you Leeon.

“For the first time in my life I actually felt like a movie star. My mum texts me every time she sees my poster. Growing up if you told me that I would have been part of a brand campaign for an award winning mobile network, I wouldn’t have believed you.” 

Take control, in your own way?
Being in control means choosing the way to be involved and owning it. Leeon did a smashing job making giffgaff work for him. He applied the skills he’s got and found an audience in some of you lovely folks, who share the same interests. Top job, Leeon.

“To me, ‘run by you’ means members have a say in the future development of giffgaff by sharing ideas or suggestions that may then get implemented if its something the community welcomes. This is not something I see everywhere else.”

----

And he’s right. We want to make sure we keep encouraging you lovely members to help us make a difference, run the community, create and share. This year more than ever, we want to expand the conversations across the community, do more together and make giffgaff more ‘run by you’ than it has ever been. 
And we'll need you folks to do that, so please carry on doing the smashing job you always have - and let us know of any new ideas for things you’d like to see, or lend your hand to, across the community. 

Leon - you're the chutney to our cheese. You've been terrific over the last couple years. Cheers - to more great moments in 2019!

-

Checked out the giffgaff blog recently? If you fancy, hop over there to read more blog posts on our heroes this year, and find out what giffgaff have been up to over the last few months.

Message 1 of 70
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 15/05/2019 | 15:53

Great choice for our hero @kiesha_p 

Congratulations @leeon1988

Take a bow my friend  

c7cd2b0cc6f68a15276cdf81f31c8d7e--smiley-emoji-smiley-faces.jpg

green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 2 of 70
by: pault1974
on: 15/05/2019 | 15:56

Congratulations and well done @leeon1988 👍

Message 3 of 70
by: tangai
on: 15/05/2019 | 15:57

Congratulations and well done @leeon1988  

Image result for congrats image

Message 4 of 70
by: clikasarus
on: 15/05/2019 | 15:57 edited: 15/05/2019 | 15:58

@leeon1988 That’s absolutely fantastic Leeon  thank you so much for being us Giffgaff superstar all your encouraging work and helping other members absolutely totally deserve this award well done my friend 👍🏻

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 70
by: peterhall0012
on: 15/05/2019 | 15:57

@kiesha_p well done and @leeon1988 your reviews are fantastic.

Message 6 of 70
by: themzbiker
on: 15/05/2019 | 16:10

@leeon1988 

Congratulations & very well done you certainly are a giffgaff legend keep up the brilliant work 👍 

@kiesha_p 

Thank you for sharing with us leeons journey with giffgaff he's a great man 

Message 7 of 70
by: the_bookie
on: 15/05/2019 | 16:12

Great call @kiesha_p 

@leeon1988 is a really 

lovely fella .

That really does lots of 

great work here and is 

very talented & I must

say his blogs are really