Knowledge Base
Community

Need a sim posting urgently - First class or hand delivered ? :

Started by: bluemoonbaz
On: 24/09/2013 | 11:31
Replies: 6175

by: ali500
on: 19/11/2018 | 17:02 edited: 19/11/2018 | 22:13

I went sm for my wife in the address *personal details removed* Luton LU1 thanks

Message 6111 of 6,176
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 19/11/2018 | 17:52
Hi @ali500,

Is this for a new recruit or is it for a SIM swap?

If it is a new recruit then just send me a Private Message with your details and I'll get a SIM sent to you via 1st Class Post, so you'll get it no later than Thursday.

If it's a SIM Swap then the easiest method is to order one from https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm and it will arrive e within 2 to 3 days (hopefully). Or pop to a local shop that sells SIM cards, as they can now be had for about £1 or so.

Lastly, it is advisable not to post full name and addresses on this forum, as it is public and everyone can see it. Posting the nearest town name, or 1st half of your postcode, is enough to get a rough location (the rest can be done by PM)

Hope this helps!
TI
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6112 of 6,176
Highlighted
on: 19/11/2018 | 17:54 edited: 19/11/2018 | 17:56

Ho @shakeela130292,

Are you requiring a SIM card? If so, best bet is to order one from your orders page (or from a shop if urgent). If for a new recruit then I can send one out 1st class.

Also, see the above post I made towards another user, for more information Smiley Happy

Regards TI

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6113 of 6,176
by: jennywangzhu
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:14

Hi, 

I need a sim card to post to me because my new iphone is iphone 8 and the old sim card does not fit. Can you please send one which fits iphone 8 so I can still use my old phone number?

Many thanks,

J

Message 6114 of 6,176
by: persco
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:33

@jennywangzhu wrote:

Hi, 

I need a sim card to post to me because my new iphone is iphone 8 and the old sim card does not fit. Can you please send one which fits iphone 8 so I can still use my old phone number?

Many thanks,

J

Hi @jennywangzhu You can take your current standard one to a phone shop to be cut down to a nano.  Your current one may even have the nano laser cut in there if you recently ordered it so have a close look and if so, pop the nano out. If you need one urgently Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s and most supermarkets now stock giffgaff sims for a pound 

Or simply order a new 3-in-1 'trio' sim (Mini/Micro/Nano all in one) which are 4g/3G/2G compatible.

Order a sim here

and when it arrives,

Use sim swap to swap your current account and credits/balance in it to new sim. 

NB: Please make sure you are logged into account you want to do the sim swap on. Very important. 

PS- Please backup all your contacts or write them down before proceeding with sim swap as your contacts won't transfer as part of the swap. 
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6115 of 6,176
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:39
Hi,
I have ordered one to swap but I don't know whether that will keep my old phone number or not.

Thanks,
J
Message 6116 of 6,176
by: harrrrrry
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:49

@jennywangzhu

The sim swap process is what keeps your old number. Any unactivated giffgaff sim will do. A sim swap will transfer your phone number, account balance and goodybags to the new sim.

The important thing is to be logged in to your existing giffgaff account when you activate the new sim. Do not set up a new account, and do not pay anything. If you're asked to pay, you're not doing a sim swap, so stop and check you're properly logged in.

There's full details at https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6117 of 6,176
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:51
Hi @jennywangzhu,

Yes, the SIM card that you have ordered can be used in your new phone via the SIM Swap method.

When the SIM card arrives:
1) Make sure that you are logged into the correct account - i.e. this one;
2) Go to your dashboard at https://giffgaff.com/profile/details
3) Scroll down the page until the part that says "replace my SIM".

The drop down bit under "replace my SIM" will guide you through the process to swap your SIM.

Please note that:
a) The SIM swap process cannot be done between the hours of 9.30pm and 4.30am
b) The SIM swap can take up to 24 hours to fully take place, though it is usually much quicker
c) Any contacts that are saved to the SIM card will not be transferred and will be lost - please save these contacts to your phone or local cloud account so that they are not lost.

Regards TITA
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6118 of 6,176
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:54
Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
J
Message 6119 of 6,176
by: harrrrrry
on: 30/11/2018 | 17:56 edited: 30/11/2018 | 17:59

@marlena2284

Has it previously worked? And have you made an outgoing call or text using that sim in the last 6 months?

If its more than 6 months since you last made a call or text, you cannot keep the number because it's ofcom rules that networks have to recycle unused numbers.

If its less than 6 months since you activated the sim or made the last outgoing call or text, the problem may not be the sim:

• enter your exact postcode (not a town name) at https://giffgaff.com/coverage-and-service#network to see if there are known temporary problems in the area.
  • If no known problems are shown, then try to find another known-working phone, which needs to be unlocked or locked to o2. Temporarily swap their sims. If the problem transfers to the other phone, then you have confirmed that the problem is with the sim or the service. If it stays with the same phone, it is more likely to be a problem with the phone or its settings.

Let us know what happens and we'll advise whether a sim swap stands any chance of fixing the problem and how to be sure that you activate it correctly to keep your number.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6120 of 6,176