Knowledge Base
Community

Need a sim posting urgently - First class or hand delivered ? :

Started by: bluemoonbaz
On: 24/09/2013 | 11:31
Replies: 6139

by: bluemoonbaz
on: 24/09/2013 | 11:31 edited: 08/03/2018 | 13:02

This thread is not to be used in order to advertise services only to respond to those members who request SIMs

Thread update 4/10/16

if you have reported your sim lost and are waiting on the replacement from giffgaff , please refrain from asking a member for a sim as.

1: You will not be able to use another sim  once you have reported it as lost , you will need to wait for it to arrive.

2:

Raise with our agents using this https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/sim_not_recieved

if not recieved within 3 days

I have seen a few members asking for sim's on here and the giffgaff members are allways happy to try and help out if they can .

A little tip to members asking for a sim to be dropped off or posted first class to you.

Members should only post the first part of their post code publicly and the rest can be done privately via PM

Dont whatever you do post you're personal details on the forums pages it dangerous

please check your pm box as members will possibly contact you via pm

Also check your email notification settings and check your PMs regularly after posting. 

So you can respond to offers.

Here

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

To the poster who requires a sim  please post on this thread when you are fixed up

and it would be nice if when people ask for help, they then acknowledge receipt of that help, so the other members do not duplicate a response.

** Ammendment ** 

If your posting I've pm'd you to a poster in need of a sim card

Please also state if your offering to post or your a local member prepared to meet up or drop off .

Thanks for all the great help everyone

Message 1 of 6,140
by: xollobru
on: 24/09/2013 | 12:30

@bluemoonbaz wrote:
I have seen a few members asking for sim on here and as other members allways happy to try and help out if I can .
A little tip to members asking for sim to be dropped off or posted first class to you.

If you use wman2 great sim order link

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Considering-giffgaff/Need-a-SIM-Micro-SIM-urgently/td-p/2585035

and you dont get sorted out .and you post here asking for one
please check your pm box as members will possibly contact you via pm or pm members posting here to help you recieve a sim

Dont whatever you do post you're personal details on the forums pages it dangerous

Wise advice about posting personal details.

And you can also click on the banner of a member offering to send sims by 1st class post.

Message 2 of 6,140
by: danthescan
on: 24/09/2013 | 13:31

Great Idea and just a pity giffgaff cant get sims out faster.

Visiting the UK and need a giffgaff sim sent to you before you arrive ?

http://simabroad.wufoo.com/forms/contact-
form/

Message 3 of 6,140
by: studentflower
on: 24/09/2013 | 13:59

hi, does anyone in south london have a iphone 5 sim they could give me today? thanks!

Message 4 of 6,140
by: mappjh
on: 24/09/2013 | 14:57

Thanks for this Baz.  I'm sure this thread will prove useful now that wman2's code seems to have stopped working.

Get a free giffgaff SimPM
Message 5 of 6,140
by: jimfraegala
on: 25/09/2013 | 10:38
I totally agree with you bluemoon, well said.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 6,140
by: mappjh
on: 25/09/2013 | 11:30

Just wondering Baz, would it be worth editing the OP a little so it gives instructions as to where to find PMs?  THat way newcomers can see how to find their PMs when we send them one.

Get a free giffgaff SimPM
Message 7 of 6,140
by: wilpatgala
on: 25/09/2013 | 12:47
It is never safe to give anyone you do not know your address, it is bad enough giving them your phone no. Well done Baz for making that clear. If ordering a SIM best click on one of the banners on a members post.
Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 8 of 6,140
by: alecalexandrou
on: 25/09/2013 | 14:19

If this thread is going to be used, can we not make it another sim touting thread, full of posts about how people can send sims out by first class or otherwise.

It would be easier to use the thread to respond to people who are actually requesting a sim.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 6,140
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 25/09/2013 | 16:01
Yes totally agree if we can keep it too requests abd replies to the requests
Message 10 of 6,140