Replies: 6393

by: andyk80
on: 13/05/2019 | 10:40

My sim card is faulty, I need a replacement simcard

Message 6321 of 6,394
by: jonkent
on: 13/05/2019 | 10:52
@andyk80

Have a you tried removing tour SIM, giving it a light clean and or resitting it in the tray? Or perhaps checked whether to see if you habe any localised issues in your area: https://giffgaff.com/coverage-and-service

If you're confident you need a new SIM, then the two quickest options for you are; let us know where your approximate locale is (first part if your postcode will be cool), as there may be a member close by who can get a SIM to you, or if not, pick one up at a local shop which carries SIM cards. Most supermarkets, local shops, mobile phone repair outlets, etc (should) now stock giffgaff SIMs for around a quid.

If you're in no immediate hurry for it, order one from your orders page, and you should have it it in up to a few days: https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm

Once you have the SIM via any of the about methods, you'll need to perform a SIM Swap to move over your existing number along with any credit/goodybags you have. The following guide outlines how to do this:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6322 of 6,394
by: 3036714
on: 13/05/2019 | 11:13

urgently

Message 6323 of 6,394
by: jonkent
on: 13/05/2019 | 11:19
@3036714

Providing that your urgency isn't for a SIM recently reported as lost or stolen (in which case you will have to wait for the SIM giffgaff post out to you), then copied from my above post...

The two quickest options for you are;

Let us know what your approximate location is (first part if your postcode will be cool), as there may be a member close by who can get a SIM to you, or if not, pick one up at a local shop which carries SIM cards.

Most supermarkets, local shops, mobile phone repair outlets, etc (should) now stock giffgaff SIMs for around a quid.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6324 of 6,394
by: plainlyseen
on: 25/05/2019 | 17:48

I need a nano SIM for my new Samsung Galaxy phone and still retain my present number.

Message 6325 of 6,394
by: persco
on: 25/05/2019 | 17:53

@plainlyseenwrote:

I need a nano SIM for my new Samsung Galaxy phone and still retain my present number.

Hi @plainlyseen You can take your current standard one to a phone shop to be cut down to a nano.  Your current one may even have the nano laser cut in there if you recently ordered it so have a close look and if so, pop the nano out. If you need one urgently Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s and most supermarkets now stock giffgaff sims for a pound 

Or simply order a new 3-in-1 'trio' sim (Mini/Micro/Nano all in one) which are 4g/3G/2G compatible.

Order a sim here

and when it arrives,

Use sim swap to swap your current account and credits/balance in it to new sim. 

NB: Please make sure you are logged into account you want to do the sim swap on. Very important. 

PS- Please backup all your contacts or write them down before proceeding with sim swap as your contacts won't transfer as part of the swap. 
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6326 of 6,394
on: 25/05/2019 | 17:55 edited: 25/05/2019 | 19:00

My post code is BT51 4**. Are there any stores nearby where I could collect the SIM?

Message 6327 of 6,394
on: 25/05/2019 | 18:00

Thanks persco. Will do that. Cheers!

Message 6328 of 6,394
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 25/05/2019 | 18:02
Hi @plainlyseen,

Since this is a public forum, you might want to edit the post, so that only the first part of your postcode (or town name) is visible.

I can't see anything in that sort of locale, unless you have any mobile phone repair shops/newsagents/corner shops/mini markets/convenience stores etc, so the best bet will be to go to your order page at https://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm and get a SIM delivered to your address. It should be delivered within the next couple of days or so.

If you have any supermarkets or petrol stations that you could try, then they might be worth checking as well.

Though I would first check your current SIM to make sure it isn't a "3 in 1" or "Trio" SIM - if it is, then just push out the smallest piece in the center and you'll be all good Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6329 of 6,394
by: jaymailsays
on: 25/05/2019 | 19:27

@plainlyseenwrote:

My post code is BT51 4**. Are there any stores nearby where I could collect the SIM?

@plainlyseen Your best bet is to try Derry, assuming Argos is open tomorrow. Check online first. Firstsource Solutions Employees there might have access to gg sims but that is a long shot.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6330 of 6,394