Community

New registration.

Started by: gwinkley
On: 06/03/2015 | 14:43
Replies: 16

Go to best answer
by: gwinkley
on: 06/03/2015 | 14:43

My wife has just become a Giffgaff member; (I have used the service for 3 years) She registerd this morning  but having logged out she is unable to log back in as her username/password are not recognised. She has successfully requested a password change email and changed the password but again this is not recognised. What is she doing wrong?

Message 1 of 17
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: maryam7860
on: 07/03/2015 | 12:42
ask her to text USERNAME to 43430 she maybe mistyping her username somehow.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 17
by: figment_uk
on: 06/03/2015 | 14:46

@gwinkley wrote:

My wife has just become a Giffgaff member; (I have used the service for 3 years) She registerd this morning  but having logged out she is unable to log back in as her username/password are not recognised. She has successfully requested a password change email and changed the password but again this is not recognised. What is she doing wrong?

She should text the word 'PASS' to 43430 to receive confirmation within 15 minutes of the correct member name for her account, then try logging in from a computer/laptop, ensuring that CAPS lock is turned off. Remember that passwords are cAse SenSiTiVe

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 2 of 17
by: gb2774
on: 06/03/2015 | 14:51
Hi and welcome to the giffgaff community 😀

Please remember the passwords are case sensitive and must contain at least 8 digits and one capital letter, Hope this helps .
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 17
by: sneaky007
on: 06/03/2015 | 14:53
Hi @gwinkley

Using your account contact a giffgaff agent on your wife's behalf please see this link https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

and give the agents the following

Say you've forgot log in details
Name
Address
Mobile number
Sim serial number
2 numbers you text and call the most
Email address

Mention you think the email is incorrect in your giffgaff settings and ask for a reset link be sent to the email you've given them

If you get confused on which options to choose in the ask an agent process or get an invalid date error just choose
Sim service
No service
( tick all the circles)
Make sure you put all the info I've described in the box provided
GET A FREE SIM WITH £5 AIRTIME CREDIT
Message 4 of 17
by: mcilwraith
on: 06/03/2015 | 15:29

i`d try clearing cache and cookies on whatever device she is trying to log in on.that might help

Message 5 of 17
on: 07/03/2015 | 12:27
Thanks to all who have responded. I haven't as yet resoved the issue. The problem is this: my wife has registered with a username and password. When these are entered, her login is not recognised. If she asks for a new password she needs then to input either phone number, email address or user name. For the purposes of resetting the password, the phone number and the email address are both recognised; however, neither of these can be used to login. The question then becomes ; how does my wife persuade the system to recognise her user name?
Message 6 of 17
Highlighted
on: 07/03/2015 | 12:42
ask her to text USERNAME to 43430 she maybe mistyping her username somehow.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 17
on: 07/03/2015 | 12:49

Kudos to you and a red face to me; it was indeed a spelling error. 

Message 8 of 17
on: 07/03/2015 | 12:56

@gwinkley wrote:

Kudos to you and a red face to me; it was indeed a spelling error. 

Smiley Happy no worries if you are sorted just select the best answer as sulotion Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 17
on: 07/03/2015 | 14:21
@gwinkley you are not supposed to accept your own answer as solution Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 17