Community

Payback rewards

Started by: truckerbaz
On: 19/09/2013 | 13:00
Replies: 11

Go to best answer
by: truckerbaz
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:00
What about half and half payback, if you only earnt £5 then most ppl would take it as air time but say you're earned £50 then I for 1 would donate half to charity and have half as credit, does any1 agree.
Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: andath
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:22
Great idea truckerbaz. It has been suggested before by others, including myself.
Currently you cannot split payback. The only way it can be done is to take payback as cash through PayPal and then donate an amount to a charity of your choice. Some use the giffgaff just giving page.
However i'm sure more would be donated to charity if you could split payback, therefore giving a proportion away before you receive it.
My understanding is that giffgaff will consider the idea if it achieves a certain number of kudos. I'll start you off!
Message 8 of 12
by: dalan
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:02
Yes you can donate some of your payback to charity, details are usually available when payback is due to be payed out.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 12
by: wilpatgala
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:05
Yes details are given out but I have only seen three options.
1- Take payback as cash which will be paid in to a Paypal account
2 - Leave it where it is and use it as airtime
3 - Donate it to charity

I have never seen it saying you were able to split it up between 2 or 3 options. I may be wrong but I do not think we are able to split our payback between 2 or 3 options.
Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 3 of 12
by: slickdetective
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:06
News to me, I never seen this option before, sounds like a good idea!
Message 4 of 12
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:06
Cheers I thought it had to be all or nothing
Message 5 of 12
by: ale89
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:10
You can get it as a cash or airtime credit and then give them to some charity for yourself..
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: lnb1996
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:11 edited: 19/09/2013 | 13:12

You only have three choices:

Take the cash via Paypal

Keep it as Airtime Credit

Donate it to charity

But it cannot be split between the choices.

I take mine as cash and donate to my chosen charity from that.  Another bonus for the charity if done that way, is that they benefit from Gift Aid so the Tax Man increases the donation amount by 28%.

Please don't forget to Kudo if my post is helpful or mark as Best Answer if appropriate, thanks.
To get a free sim with £5 credit, click on the link below or if it's more urgent, send me a PM.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
by: andath
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:22
Great idea truckerbaz. It has been suggested before by others, including myself.
Currently you cannot split payback. The only way it can be done is to take payback as cash through PayPal and then donate an amount to a charity of your choice. Some use the giffgaff just giving page.
However i'm sure more would be donated to charity if you could split payback, therefore giving a proportion away before you receive it.
My understanding is that giffgaff will consider the idea if it achieves a certain number of kudos. I'll start you off!
Message 8 of 12
on: 19/09/2013 | 13:32
Thanx everyone iv not been on giffgaff That long so still trying to get my head round it, I gotta Say im impressed, been on o2 for years and now id never go back, ill definitely consider the options suggested as far as the charity goes but do think it would be a lot easier if the option was thers from the start
Message 9 of 12