Knowledge Base
Community

Too much unlimited data usage?!!

Started by: jayniebelle
On: 20/04/2017 | 22:07
Replies: 35

by: jayniebelle
on: 20/04/2017 | 22:07

Well I have always loved Giffgaff and told friends wgat great value for money it was. However I am really not impressed by my latest email which I found to be rude and threatening. Saying I was using too much data and may be stopped from purchasing always on. I rarely tether unless kids need info for school off laptop. I do not have WiFi which was one suggestion to cut usage. I am a single , disabled parent so funds are low and I rely heavily on the internet socially, financially etc and for shopping. Low blow Giffgaff!!

Message 1 of 36
by: kierant_
on: 21/04/2017 | 00:48

jayniebelle wrote:

Well I have always loved Giffgaff and told friends wgat great value for money it was. However I am really not impressed by my latest email which I found to be rude and threatening. Saying I was using too much data and may be stopped from purchasing always on. I rarely tether unless kids need info for school off laptop. I do not have WiFi which was one suggestion to cut usage. I am a single , disabled parent so funds are low and I rely heavily on the internet socially, financially etc and for shopping. Low blow Giffgaff!!

@jayniebelle The £20 always on goodybag has a traffic flow policy, see https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Guide-to-the-20-quot-Always-On-quot-goodybag/ta-p/1... it's just a warning to keep a check on your usage, the worst thing that could happen is that you get banned (usually 3 months) from buying that goodybag, you would be able to buy the £18 goodybag though, some people just go straight for the £18 goodybag as you can be sure you're not excessive with the data. 

Message 2 of 36
by: mijthebarber
on: 21/04/2017 | 05:30
It is a shame but that policy was put in place and I'm sorry you don't like ,,, I know it's stupid but I can see Giffgaff side of the story as well
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 36
by: exmember-2018-4735772
on: 21/04/2017 | 07:35

jayniebelle wrote:

@jayniebelle

gg stopped promoting unlimited data september 2015

£20 bag has 6gb data and is then severely restricted, and tethering is NOT allowed after 6gb

can you text PLAN to 43430 and post the reply here please?

Message 4 of 36
by: veroniquedouet
on: 21/04/2017 | 07:52
My partner is caring for an elderly lady for two weeks and she had the same threatening text !!
The old lady has no internet so the ULIMITED internet access seemed perfect.
She only used it for a couple of hours each evening to catch up or watch a documentary .
TOO MUCH USAGE !!!......... Giffgaff you advertise it as UNLIMITED !!!
Terrible service, this is the first time I am unhappy with their service and I've used them for years.
They should change their description of ALWAYS ON or actually give UNLIMITED usage
Terrible giffgaff
Not impressed at all
I agree with you Jayniebelle.
Message 5 of 36
by: veroniquedouet
on: 21/04/2017 | 07:59
I can see giffgaff' side as well but when purchasing the ALWAYS ON, there is no warning that it's unlimited up to a point !!
What !!?!!
Their description is at best misleading and at worst a deliberate trick.
I don't know which.
I'm really quite annoyed with giffgaff.

They should change the way they promote it.
Not happy !
Message 6 of 36
on: 21/04/2017 | 08:02
I do not tether after using my 6gb in fact I rarely tether at all. I have been with Giffgaff years and this is the first time I feel let down by them
Message 7 of 36
on: 21/04/2017 | 08:02
I have received the same threatening message this morning via text 😡
Message 8 of 36
on: 21/04/2017 | 08:28 edited: 21/04/2017 | 08:30

jayniebelle wrote:

I have received the same threatening message this morning via text 😡

@jayniebelle

can you txt PLAN to 43430 and post the reply here please?

Message 9 of 36
on: 21/04/2017 | 08:33 edited: 21/04/2017 | 08:51

veroniquedouet wrote:

....... Giffgaff you advertise it as UNLIMITED !!!
. . .

@veroniquedouet

can you post ALL links to where gg promote the £20 "always On" goodybag as unlimited data?

here's gg's own link https://giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans

please take notice under the data column, the £20 bag DOES NOT say unlimited ???

it says ALWAYS ON*

also note the asterisk? scroll down to the bottom of the page and the asterisk refers to this text:

*Speed restrictions apply to our Always On data after 6GB of data usage. Traffic Flow applies to the £20 goodybag. A 4G ready phone and coverage required to access 4G data speeds. Our data-only plans (gigabags) don’t work as bolt-ons for your goodybag. They are monthly data-only plans. More on our data only offerings

Message 10 of 36