Community

activation experience

Started by: yetanothersim
On: 17/10/2012 | 19:20
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: yetanothersim
on: 17/10/2012 | 19:20
just posted this as a reply to a post in off topic but decided to post it here to offer a little guidance to any prospective newcomers, hope it helps

personally activated a few now and normally up and running within ten minutes but a lot of posts saying longer

if you know what goodybag you want and have a credit or debit card then this is the easiest way as you do not have to top up first, just hit the activate a sim button on the giffgaff.com home page and select your required goodybag then pay using card...hardest part here is verifying with your bank on payment page but this way my last activation was a doddle

similar experience using a voucher to activate but use a PC to activate your required goodybag from airtime balance so as to minimize the risk of losing credit if you are unable to get your goodybag right away

with both methods, before you put the sim in your phone check your number and balance is clearly displayed top left and right of your mygiffgaff page, you should be good to then get your sim in your phone and get the internet settings if required

name - giffgaff apn - giffgaff.com username - giffgaff password - password

manual input method will vary depending on handset or you can always try texting SETTINGS to 2020 or download an app from your associated app store...good luck Smiley Wink
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: jp22
on: 17/10/2012 | 19:49

Post's like this are excellent for the community because it allows new users to see what to do.

Please Kudos me if i helped!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 10
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 17/10/2012 | 19:27
Nice mate allways good to share your experiences with potential new members
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 3 of 10
by: badgerhud
on: 17/10/2012 | 19:27
Good post Smiley Happy
I Hope My Post Helps Smiley Happy - To Order a SIM With £5 FREE Credit Click Below...

Message 4 of 10
by: suheluddin2
on: 17/10/2012 | 19:32

excellent post Smiley Very Happy

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'best answer’, then we know you're sorted
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
by: jp22
on: 17/10/2012 | 19:49

Post's like this are excellent for the community because it allows new users to see what to do.

Please Kudos me if i helped!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 10
by: deanie73
on: 17/10/2012 | 20:26
Nice one.Glad your happy with giffgaff.
Message 7 of 10
by: maryam7860
on: 17/10/2012 | 20:32
nice thread Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 10
by: viv3
on: 17/10/2012 | 20:38

Thanks for a lovely and informative post Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10
by: ccrazed
on: 29/11/2012 | 16:07

I had no problem paying and going through the activation, but am still waiting for the activation to happen, when I look at My giffgaff, I keep getting the message activation in progress, in most cases activation takes less then 30 minutes. I take it I am not most cases as I paid and activated at about 10:30 this morning and it is 5pm now. Not impressed at this poor start. looks like another company thats quick to take your money, but slow to give you what you paid for with the odd so called "promise" of things thrown in to make them look attractive.

Message 10 of 10