Knowledge Base
Community

don't bother joining. robbing network !g

Started by: xxbuxx
On: 13/06/2012 | 10:53
Replies: 20

by: xxbuxx
on: 13/06/2012 | 10:53
I earned myself 15.50 pay back recently. And come the date of purchasing my new goody bag on the 9th of June I experienced a lovely little problem. A message saying "unable to purchase goody bags at this time" also a message on my log in homepage saying "we are updating your goodybag" for four days I was unable to purchase a goody bag and have had to use my payback credit, plus top up another 30 pound to having a small child who was away with family over the last week. I have needed to stay in contact with them. Over the weekend we went away and trying to keep her entertained in the car is great with "unlimited" internet as she watches pepa pig so she doesn't get car sick. Well bye bye to 10 credit from trying to keep a 3 year old amused watching a pig. Emails to giffgaff have ended up with me getting a pathetic 10 refund. Doesn't cover my payback credit, so thanks for robbing meof that. And doesn't cover the fact due to a giffgaff error I have had to top up. They were expecting me to not top up or use my phone for 4 days !!! As they are saying they will not refund my credit. I have suggested, they apply the top goody bag to my account or refund the 30 pound I had to top up. Either will do, but they save themselves that 5ver they stole if they opt for the first. I doubt they will do either, as this network is utterly pathetic to be honest. Lots of people due to be leaving soon I think
Message 1 of 21
by: usmanozzy786
on: 13/06/2012 | 10:56
gg are having ptoblems thats why issue are happening
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 21
Highlighted
by: giffgaff_1
on: 13/06/2012 | 10:58
we have all had the same problems with goodybags. Sorry you have had this.
GetafreeGiffgaffSim
Message 3 of 21
by: tkrees
on: 13/06/2012 | 11:00
sorry you're going. The other networks all have their problems but don't give payback, but if you feel you can get a better deal elsewhere, then fine. Personally, I haven't had to pay for any mobile use for over a year because of payback so I think that being withoutt a goodybag for 4 days was a small inconvenience. It is unfortunate that it occurred just when yuo really needed your phone.
Message 4 of 21
on: 13/06/2012 | 11:08
I am new to giffgaff. I haven't been with them a year yet, so this is my first payback, I recruited 4 and they only credited me with 3, tried disputing this and told I was wrong, yet I gave all 4 a sim card and they are all active as I speak to them !. Then this happens. I never get a 3g signal. They slow my connection down towards the end of my goodybag. Only ever get a G signal. I now only have 9.99 credit, and haven't even used the phone. I am connected to my wireless !
Message 5 of 21
by: lewiswest
on: 13/06/2012 | 16:19

I agree, they're useless! I have had countless problems with internet and BBM over the last 2 weeks! And yes other networks have there problems but not half as money as your network!

Couldn't run a pi** up in brewery!!

Message 6 of 21
by: ukegste
on: 13/06/2012 | 16:23 edited: 13/06/2012 | 16:24

@xxbuxx - You should be able to see the number of people you have recruited here: https://giffgaff.com/profile/payback

It's likely that you have lost a penny due to another known issue, which probably every member is a victim of.. raise a support ticket and it will be given back to you.

Message 7 of 21
by: pcoventry
on: 13/06/2012 | 16:26

@xxbuxx wrote:
. Lots of people due to be leaving soon I think

Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 21
by: lewiswest
on: 13/06/2012 | 16:28
When aren't they having problems!! Always something going on in the world of Giff Gaff.
Message 9 of 21
on: 13/06/2012 | 16:34
I have raised 4 issues with agents in the last two days due to different issues.
latest one, they took two payments of 10 instead of one, only clicked for 10 credit. so now awaiting a refund whilst some pathetic agent called Chris, continually writes bull poo about why he won't refund me. from the original issue.
Message 10 of 21