Get Help
Community

swap sim keep 02 number

Started by: pauly105
On: 01/10/2012 | 13:42
Replies: 4

by: pauly105
on: 01/10/2012 | 13:42

i have account for a blackberry with giffgaff and lost phone,i got new sim to go with new sony xperia phone, and sim doesn't work. giffgaff sent new sim for a friend and i have placed it in the phone and it is working, now i would like to remove blackberry account , and activate new giffgaff sim.new card wont activate because i already have an existing account, i also want to port my old o2 number( that i've been using) over to giffgaff.

can u help please. paul

Message 1 of 5 (415 Views)
by: amir667
on: 01/10/2012 | 13:46
you need a new account for the new sim to activate.
Click here to get your free giffgaff sim with £5 free credit
Message 2 of 5 (409 Views)
by: ste53
on: 01/10/2012 | 13:49

new sim, new account, your old account will deactivate after six months of not being used. ask 02 for your pac code and port it to gg,

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5 (409 Views)
by: rong42
on: 01/10/2012 | 15:48

as said above, each sim needs it own account

if you wanted to, log into the blackberry account, and then use this link to report the sim as lost

http://giffgaff.com/support/lost

giffgaff will then send you a replacement sim (1st class I think), for your blackberry account (so you will keep the same number, credit, payback, etc on that account)

otherwise, just create a completely new account, active your new sim on that new account, and away you go

for porting your old number, you'll need to get a PAC off o2. sort out your account first (either the replacement sim or activating the new one) and then follow this guide

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-do-I-keep-my-mobile-number/ta-p/3521127

Message 4 of 5 (356 Views)
by: the_releaser
on: 01/10/2012 | 16:13
why dont you sign into your old account (the blackberry one) and report the sim and phone lost. Giffgaff will block that phone and send you out a replacement sim with that old number on it. Then if you really wanted you could just port your o2 number onto that account.
Message 5 of 5 (350 Views)