Knowledge Base
Community

Help us finalise the categories

Started by: juan_p
On: 10/08/2018 | 12:39
Replies: 25
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
by: the_islander
on: 15/08/2018 | 17:22
Done and done 👍 harder than I thought it would be to be honest. Never considered just how many categories you could fit your expenses into.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 21 of 26
by: cass905
on: 18/08/2018 | 12:03

I found it too overwhelming to do on phone there's far too many categories that double up

will give it another go on a pc when i can

What I will say is keep it simple 

Message 22 of 26
by: jacjac
on: 19/08/2018 | 14:28
Done.
It is surprisingly more difficult than I thought :-)
It was a bit confusing where it is not clear if something is supposed to be an in or an out e.g pension, retirement, property but it will be good for you to see how different people read it and group it to see where the labelling can be improved.

Regards

Jacjac
Message 23 of 26
by: pinkcalculator
on: 20/08/2018 | 05:03
When I’m recording my transactions I try to keep things as simple as possible, hubby tried to sub divide and have lots of off shots. Result, he’s still not got a system that he can keep up to date. For people new to saving and record keeping too much will I feel chase them back to where they started. I don’t have the time or inclination to scroll through lists to “name” my transaction. Also my stuff I can access easily in my phone hubbys is on a laptop which means he can’t enter details on the fly and he’s got to make a concious effort to enter details, which then pile up. I feel it’s vital that it works on my phone without issue and is quick and simple.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 24 of 26
by: nannyred15
on: 25/08/2018 | 14:56
Sorry I was too late to help with this
Message 25 of 26
Highlighted
by: mangowalk
on: 13/09/2018 | 12:39
sorry juan_p
was a bit late to participate in the two recent exercises but I'm sure the more pro-active team members have done you proud!
cheers
Message 26 of 26