Knowledge Base
Community

Help us put the final nail in our categories

Started by: juan_p
On: 12/09/2018 | 11:43
Replies: 9
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
by: juan_p
community giff-staffer

on: 12/09/2018 | 11:43

Hi all,

You might remember a few weeks back that you helped us create a list of categories based on all the possible sub-categories we can divide your spend into.

After reviewing all your submissions, we ended up with a list of 19 categories, which is a great start.

Now we need your help to whittle down that list to a maximum of 8. The exercise will be very similar to the previous one, where we offer you the full list of categories that you helped create and you can group them into a new category and give it a name.

The exercise shouldn’t take more than 10 – 15 minutes:

https://0df554ml.optimalworkshop.com/optimalsort/qjo76077

Help us create the final list of categories and if you have any questions let me know in the comments.

Message 1 of 10
by: pinkcalculator
on: 12/09/2018 | 11:49
Too messy on the iPhone I’ll do it later on the Mac
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: pinkcalculator
on: 12/09/2018 | 12:21
its later and Ive done it, not really liking the options nor my naming choices feels very boring
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 12/09/2018 | 13:27

@juan_p

All done mate ..I hope it helps 👍

Message 4 of 10
community giff-staffer

on: 12/09/2018 | 13:35
Cheers Smiley Happy Looking forward to seeing the results.
Message 5 of 10
by: kmichael
on: 12/09/2018 | 14:23

@juan_p

Gambling? This raises questions in a number of avenues: a description is needed on what expenses are classified as gambling.. eg is lottery participation classified as gambling. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 6 of 10
community giff-staffer

on: 12/09/2018 | 14:38
@kmichael Anything from lottery to placing bets I'd assume, it really depends on what vendor appears in your bank statement (like placing bets in Coral, compared to buying lottery at Tesco), but ultimately you can manually change categories as you wish.
Message 7 of 10
by: ray2
on: 12/09/2018 | 15:17

Hi @juan_p

All done,although the Gambling name i don't really like,i think it should come under entertainment or leisure with a little pop up saying gamble responsibly Smiley Happy

can't think of any cheery group names ,especially when it's to do with parting with cash,or paying bills Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 10
community giff-staffer

on: 12/09/2018 | 15:18
@ray2 Don't worry about them being cheery, we'll have to pass them through the ever so cheery FCA regulations anyways Smiley Tongue (just to ensure they are not misleading)
Message 9 of 10
by: jacjac
on: 12/09/2018 | 22:46

Hmm I have done it but...

I dont get what would go under "cash and cards".  I understand "Cash" if it is cash withdrawals but what would "cards" show?

Message 10 of 10