Knowledge Base
Community

The complete interactive wireframes experience

Started by: juan_p
On: 27/06/2018 | 10:10
Replies: 37
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
by: juan_p
former giff-staffer

on: 02/07/2018 | 11:34
@pinkcalculator we are fully approved now and can start developing in earnest. The suggested saving actions will of course have to be built in, as it's still on a conceptual stage and as with anything involving an AI, there will still need to be a lot of work put into it and with some help from our lovely members, we'll be able to fine tune it into something that really works and is useful. We chose energy intentionally as an example, as those bills tend to be a simpler affair compared to , as you mentioned, insurance, which has a myriad of variables.
Either way, it's still just a concept that we're aiming for in the future but we just wanted to show you how we are hoping to implement it down the road.
Message 31 of 38
by: jesi23
on: 02/07/2018 | 17:07

@pinkcalculator 

I know what you mean a bit … until this last few months, my oldest (married) daughter did not have a bank card as she was part of a ‘common purse’ bank account arrangement. So their ‘common purse’ bank account paid a lump sum into my (clearance?) bank and I paid for four giffgaff Goodybags each month (usually via my PayPal account); whenever she needed things paid for online, I either paid by card or by PayPal depending on what it was (and where it was coming from) and was paid back via cash.

She still uses my PayPal account to transfer money between friends (both collecting for lump payment, and giving her part), but the Common Purse has now bought pre-loaded cards for their members to use for purchases, and re-load as required (with two unrelated persons authorising) so I no longer have such a responsibility (whew!) although I still help if necessary.

I shuffle money through my three current accounts and savings accounts as required. (As my income falls short of the monthly minimum required to pay into my Club Lloyds Account, the ‘shuffle’  artificially inflates the income running through the account, so I pay no fees, thus maximising interest potential). My balance stays a fairly constant palindromic £5000.05 as interest is only paid up to five thousand pounds (and I like palindromes); income comes initially through a separate account, which is the only one I don’t obsess with keeping palindromic.

My two direct debits from the ‘Club Lloyds’ Account are paid back as soon as possible. I pay credit cards from third account, and replace that money from the second account as soon as I pay it out.

A quick glance at my balances will thus tell me instantly if something might be amiss, as balances not palindromic will catch my eye!

🤡

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 32 of 38
by: pinkcalculator
on: 02/07/2018 | 17:46
@jesi23 I think the programmers are going to run when they see our accounts 😃
Personally I do think young people aren’t given enough advice and help on how to become credit worthy and how to manage or minimise debt and I think the essence behind this app is somewhat addressing this.
My eldest has her own Paypal and recently we changed her phone contract from hubbys account to her own, possibly her first credit check ( other than for opening bank accounts )she also was put in the voters roll as soon as she was eligible and I’m hoping after being a second on my credit card she might even be allowed one if her own though being a student with minimal earnings might prevent that. My kids I think are fairly ok finance wise but there’s a lot of people who aren’t and any practical help on offer had got to be an advantage so I really hope the app can take off then grown to accommodate the ones that don’t fit the mould 😉
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 33 of 38
by: frpc
on: 04/07/2018 | 03:19
Click to reveal

juan_p wrote:

@frpc The "My Bank is not shown" link is just a place holder for now. We just wanted to let you all know that it will be there in the final prototype.

The security question and code will be handled by your bank and not us, those are just mockup screens to simulate the actual process and let you know at what stage in the journey you will be logging in through your bank.

@juan_p Thanks for clarifying. I realize that it is a work in progress and is mocked up but the working finished website will need a response to 'My Bank is not shown' such as here is a list of which banks are participating. If your Bank is not shown, you may need to contact your own Bank for a fuller update.

Any thoughts?

Message 34 of 38
by: juan_p
former giff-staffer

on: 04/07/2018 | 09:08
@frpc we're still working on the finer details of where the "my bank is not shown" link will lead you. Whether it's a simple FAQ or if it will also include a way for members to submit which bank they're currently with will come down to simplicity and GDPR. I'll definitely pass on your suggestion of including options to contact your bank if you need more info. Sounds sensible and it's a decent shout. Thanks.
Message 35 of 38
by: the_islander
on: 29/07/2018 | 22:50
I'm slow to the party in terms of gameplan so trying to catch up by having a flick through. All seems great and very interesting to see how giffgaff are progressing on this side of the business.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 36 of 38
by: szabolcs84
on: 01/08/2018 | 07:50
That is great
Message 37 of 38
Highlighted
by: premierphotosuk
on: 03/08/2018 | 13:53

@the_islander wrote:

I'm slow to the party in terms of gameplan so trying to catch up by having a flick through. All seems great and very interesting to see how giffgaff are progressing on this side of the business.

@the_islander Love that coment about being SLOW that made me laugh and there was me thinking and I thought you was a Kung fu masterSmiley Surprised 

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 38 of 38