Knowledge Base
Community

The interactive Open Banking journey

Started by: juan_p
On: 31/05/2018 | 11:06
Replies: 26
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
by: giffgaff20147
on: 01/06/2018 | 13:43

@ray2

Hello I had same problem when you get revolving circle , keep clicking on circle it works for me 

Message 11 of 27
by: ray2
on: 01/06/2018 | 13:55

giffgaff20147 wrote:

@ray2

Hello I had same problem when you get revolving circle , keep clicking on circle it works for me 

Hi @giffgaff20147

Thanks, have tried clicking on it but still no luck for me Smiley Frustrated

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 27
by: juan_p
community giff-staffer

on: 04/06/2018 | 11:16
Hi all,

Well it seems like we're going to have to find another solution to share the designs in the future as it seems that the platform causes problems to most. It's a pity as it was a quick way to demonstrate things in action, but I'd rather not frustrate you all further. I'll also ask them to remove any loading screen prototypes as they seem to be quite picky with where you click.

@ray2 I'm unsure how much of that process we can skip as a lot of the information and confirmation screens are of legal requirement, as you will be connecting with your bank to provide us information, but let's see if we can make it a bit more agile. On the bright side, you'll only have to do it once.

Message 13 of 27
by: ray2
on: 05/06/2018 | 15:32

juan_p wrote:

Hi all,

Well it seems like we're going to have to find another solution to share the designs in the future as it seems that the platform causes problems to most. It's a pity as it was a quick way to demonstrate things in action, but I'd rather not frustrate you all further. I'll also ask them to remove any loading screen prototypes as they seem to be quite picky with where you click.

@ray2 I'm unsure how much of that process we can skip as a lot of the information and confirmation screens are of legal requirement, as you will be connecting with your bank to provide us information, but let's see if we can make it a bit more agile. On the bright side, you'll only have to do it once.

Hi @juan_p

That would be great,i understand the legal bit,but just in general through the whole process if you could make it a little less scrolling and more that information automatically comes to the top once you move on to the next process,e.g instead of scrolling for confirm or continue it should automatically come to the top of the page with say the terms and conditions after you have confirmed or clicked on a specific instruction (if you know what i mean Smiley Very Happy)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 27
by: as7861
on: 07/06/2018 | 18:32

Hi @juan_p

What do you think of it overall?

• It is simple to use. 
  • The second page could be made so we know that we have to scroll down. I was there for one-second clicking confirm. I was Loling when I found I had to scroll down. 
  • Overall it is a great experience, however, I do think there should be an option to ask for general help from the community somewhere at the end. (it would add to the trust factor)

Are you happy with the information provided through the journey and does it feel trustworthy?

• Yes, it is a great journey. What I liked is the first page shows what is going to happen. Always a great aspect of a process.
  • The trustworthy aspect yes the process describes the who is involved but personally I would want to know about what kind of encryption is used. (even saying we use industry-standard encryption) would give a sense of security. 
  • Off topic for future - the computer person might not be secured or the browser might be old. Will the page advise of this? 
    • Also, banks ask if you're on the public  computer or not, when logging in

What do you think of the name "My Money Hub"?

• Yes, it sounds good. 

Do you understand the term "Daily Spending so Far"?

• Seems simple enough to understand but daily to me says day to day comparison. I am wondering if that is reflected? So £900 was spent on the last day? 
- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 27
by: suem15
on: 07/06/2018 | 23:59

Clear and easy to use @juan_p

Thanks to the comments I knew to click on the circle to get to the next page.

Message 16 of 27
by: jaymailsays
on: 08/06/2018 | 02:25

Hi @juan_p would the proposed name 'My Money Hub' conflict with the existing mortgage business, The Money Hub Ltd?

I thought of 'Money Matrix' but that is used by a gaming company.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 27
by: juan_p
community giff-staffer

on: 12/06/2018 | 10:05
@as7861 Nice feedback, so let's dive into your questions:
We're aware of the second page and we're working on it. It was just a bit of a faux pas from our designer, as it seemed to work and make sense on a different prototype and didn't translate well to the Invision version. (It's one of those moments when you smack yourself in the forehead once you see it live.) Still, very well spotted.
And very good shout on the community. We're not terribly worried for this version, as it is the web version which will have the drop down menu at the top in the final version, but we're still discussing where the best place to link back to the community will be in the app version. All suggestions are welcome.

On security, what you didn't see in the demo was the fact that you will be taken to your bank's website login to grant read-only access, so we won't have access to any of your login details and you will have the same encryption your bank normally has for the process. The rest of the app will indeed have industry standard encryption, that will be the same in all Open Banking apps, and you do raise a point that we could mention it in the process, so I'll definitely raise it with the team.

For the "daily spending so far" we got a nice suggestion in the Facebook group: "Day-to-Day spending". What do you think? It's supposed to be a total of all your Daily or Day-to-Day expenses in that month so far (like groceries, shopping, eating out, etc.)

@jaymailsays spot on, we also realised that there's a money management app called "Money Hub", so we're considering alternatives at the moment. What about just "My Money"? It was also suggested in the Facebook group.
Message 18 of 27
by: germansheppard234
on: 12/06/2018 | 12:32

@juan_p

Hi first chance I have had to see this I tryed it on amozan tablet and it worked first time with no glitches , well impressed with progress on this and I understand daily spend no problem ,shame its not working for everyone 

Cheers 

Brian 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 27
by: as7861
on: 12/06/2018 | 19:26
Hi @juan_p

Yes that make sense, and day to day spending seems more sensible option in comparison to what the section does.

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 20 of 27