Knowledge Base
Community

Up cycle your old items (CONTINUED)

Started by: cass905
On: 19/02/2018 | 09:48
Replies: 1309

by: dtuxcomp
on: 08/01/2019 | 18:26
@frenchielove Let's hope not I'm way too busy keeping myself busy to have time to do anything more Smiley Wink Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 1291 of 1,310
on: 08/01/2019 | 20:59
@frenchielove Just watched it Smiley Happy I saw the first series but missed the last one, some amazing builds Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised Loved the snail Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 1292 of 1,310
on: 08/01/2019 | 21:05 edited: 08/01/2019 | 21:12

EDIT:- Posted gags in the wrong thread Smiley Sad

Message 1293 of 1,310
by: caro120
on: 09/01/2019 | 16:50 edited: 09/01/2019 | 17:04

@the_bookie wrote:

Morning @cass905

@kate1028@frenchielove

@drakanstyr@dtuxcomp &

all .

I Came across these & must 

say I love the bottom one on

the forbidden alcohol in this 

waiting room & wonder how

much it would be to reclaim

1 of them @standardbearer

and @sypamele .

lol .

Recently watched a restorers 

programme where one of the

clients is a retired rock star &

he has a big restaurant thats 

full of old signs and pictures 

and had just received a huge 

old station waiting room sign

that looked amazing next too

a games pool table in a listed 

manor house he owns .

Can see why many collectors

get real pleasure sourcing old

signs antiques & lots of lovely

restored things that keep our 

past alive and thanks to them

bring joy to us and countless 

others everybody .

Really hope things settle down 

for you @drakanstyr & you get

the chance enjoy life more too .

----------------

I think most of these been american, maybe it dates from prohibition times?  intriguing tho!

Did find a brilliant site some years ago where could buy railway memorabilia (if that's the right term), was looking for unusual pressie for hubs bday.. those grabber things used to fascinate me as a kid on the tube, hung down from the roof and you sort of swung from them.  I would of bought one but just couldn't think of a place to put it or a use for it!

Here's a pic of them in use, called handholds or hanging straps maybe?  The lower part of the hangy bit was sort of jointed with a big knob on the end, funny looking things but they did the job if were tall enough to reach (I wasn't!)

[PHOTO: 1959 stock interior (daytime, portrait): 50kB]

(don't know if that will come out..) some more hanging things, look like strange fruit or summat growing out of the ceiling!  More the white version that I saw on sale... maybe was about £60-80, can't remember now

Message 1294 of 1,310
on: 09/01/2019 | 22:26

@dtuxcomp wrote:

This is amazing, this artist makes giants in the forest Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

https://mindactivist.com/adventures/15307/artist-creates-magic-in-copenhagen-forests-by-hiding-giant...

@cass905  @frenchielove  @the_bookie  @drakanstyr

Ah they're wonderful!  Remind me of those wooden trolls with the black hair you used to see in 70's..think they were norwegian?  

Remember buying a mug with trolls and stone circles on from a little shop long shut down now and showing it to girlie working temp in shop, think she was from sweden and she said they had stone circles over there, same sort of folklore!  Spose all these stories came over with the vikings?

Think they use a lot of wood in houses over there, did when hubs went years ago and their teachers were paid a lot more than over here, was valued a lot more... so guess they get more offcuts to make these sort of things.  Over here would probably end up in woodburners!

Message 1296 of 1,310
by: frenchielove
on: 10/01/2019 | 06:44

They are amazing! @dtuxcomp What a very clever  man 

Message 1297 of 1,310
on: 11/01/2019 | 22:38

I can't remember which thread we mentioned the old Morris Traveller and it's wooden frame but these pics came up elsewhere and I love the campers Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

MorrisTravellers.jpg

@cass905  @frenchielove  @caro120  @the_bookie  @drakanstyr  @magsiebee

Message 1298 of 1,310
Highlighted
by: frenchielove
on: 12/01/2019 | 06:42

Oh these are amazing @dtuxcomp beautiful cars

Message 1299 of 1,310
on: 12/01/2019 | 21:15 edited: 12/01/2019 | 21:17

@dtuxcomp wrote:

I can't remember which thread we mentioned the old Morris Traveller and it's wooden frame but these pics came up elsewhere and I love the campers Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

MorrisTravellers.jpg

@cass905  @frenchielove  @the_bookie  @drakanstyr  @magsiebee

Wow never seen the trailer to go with.. that mobile bar is fantastic!

Have you been to bakelite museum, dorset?  They got a bubble trailer made of bakelitey stuff can camp in it, they're fantastic, fitted with maybe a leather futon that folds out to bed.  Saw it years ago and there was apparently waiting list of a few years for one... 

Image result for bakelite museum watchet

Here's a piccy but one I remember was just rounded without the white bits, high gloss...gives an idea anyhow

Message 1300 of 1,310