5-star
4-star
3-star
2-star
1-star
6 user reviews
sevin

Delivery

I'm sure it would have been a nice phone if it had arrived.

tinawilliams0410

2 Faulty phones

Was very happy with my phone when it arrived, lovely looking phone, great screen etc etc.  Within 30 minutes the speaker had an intermittent fault.  GiffGaff were great, processed a return and replaced with another brand new phone.  This phone keeps sutting down and restarting - has been updated with latest software.  I have had Sony phones many times in the past, but these phones have been very poor.  2 Brand New phones then end up being faulty.  The 2nd phone will be returned asap.  Not happy with Sony phones but from my expeirence GiffGaff after care has been good (hope they give me a refund this time around) - lost faith with Sony phones.  Maybe this is why they have been discounted so much

amary92

Wonderful phone. Fantastic. Love the performance. Too bad the free gift advertised did not arrive.

I absiolutely love this phone. It's aptly named compact because that is what it is!!!!! Top of the line specs in a small body, fantastic screen, speedy performance.

The reason I have rated 4 stars is because the advertised 'free gift' did not arrive as hoped for as I though it had to be claimed. However after a week of waiting I have raised a dispute with GiffGaff for which I am yet to recieve a reply. Due to this I was contemplating returning the device not because of the device per se but because the initial advertisement of a free gift lured me to purchase. I will wait to see what GiffGaff have to say. 

timwilliams25

A flagship phone in small form

Imagine if you can, a car enthusiast who put a Ferrari engine into a Mini. 

Not content with this, the mechanic also stiffens up the suspension, does the steering, cooling systems, aerodynamics etc etc so the Mini acts just like the Ferrari..... 

Why would the mechanics do it, I hear you ask?  The answer was, a Ferrari was not good for me to drive and/or park.

Well, Sony seem to have gone and done a similar thing to a mobile phone.  They have taken the best available processor (that is often found in huge flagship phones) and combined it with other tecnology also normally found in flagship phones, but squished it all into a compact format.... what's more, it works and it works damn well.

The phone looks very sleek, has a wonderful 5 inch screen and dual speakers.  The camera is great (super slow motion too), has plenty of storage (and can insert a Microsd card too).  Can't find an app that has slowed the phone down yet.  This phone is future proof for some time I would imagine (although all Sony phones do come with 24 month warranty).  Also Ip 65/68 rated, but personally, I would not like to try this, but good in case of an accident.

I have gone for a slim, Rugged Armour, protective case from Spigen to house this little gem of a phone, as it did not feel chunky enough without a case (for me at least)

Runs Androind Pie out of the box and after a couple of updates was purring and the battery last a day easy (medium usage, not huge amounts of screen time, but processor and WiFi or mobile data on for hours on end.  

Well done Sony for producing such a beast.  They could have renamed it the Pirhanha....  small, perfectly formed, suited to shallow water and has plenty of bite.  My only criticism if it would have been good for Sony to have included a Quick Charger as standard - shame on you Sony! 

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
mcnikki

Phone

1. Great phone excellent I couldn't have asked for a better one really happy great memory quality is fantastic I love it 
leeon1988

A Great Compact Phone For Android Fans!

It's been a while since compact size phones were the trend. We long for bigger screens as we use them for many tasks like consuming media, browsing the web, reading books and more. But if you are still one of those people whose preference is Android and desire to have a compact smartphone with flagship specifications, then we've got great news for you. Allow me to introduce to you the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact that launched aside with it's bigger brother the Xperia XZ2. Though the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is a phone that fits nicely in hand it's specifications both internal and external and features will blow you away. 

Design:
The phone doesn't have a premium feel to it because it is made up of plastic. However, there are some advantages of a utilising a plastic back. One of them being durability, plastic is a lot more durable than glass and even metal concerning drop protection. This means that it may not be necessary to purchase a case for this phone. The second advantage is that this phone is not a fingerprint magnet unlike glass and glossy metal. Plastic devices aren't a bad thing, and their decision doesn’t bother me at all. The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is a chunky little monkey with 12.1mm thickness though it is not like the old Xperia phones with a boxy shape, the sides are curved now and are made of aluminium. You are even able to remove the SIM tray without using a SIM pin. This phone is the exact same screen size as my Samsung Galaxy S6, yet it is smaller in size making it comfortable to hold one-handed.

20180524_193859.jpgNo headphone jack!

20180524_194019.jpg5 inch LCD Screen

20180524_193826.jpgRight side: Dedicated shutter button, Sleep/wake button and volume rocker.

Performance:

As you can see the Xperia XZ2 compact is just compact in term of size and not concerning specifications because on paper it is a powerhouse. It boasts excellent specs of a high-end device and the Snapdragon 845 chipset, Adreno 630 and 4GB of RAM. This enables you to use several applications at once and no matter which game or app you are running on this device. It will have no problem handling it.

Screen and Battery Life:
Moving towards the screen, as you noticed the screen resolution is 2160x1080, It’s very sharp with vibrant colours with a density of 483PPI which is higher than the standard FHD resolution, i.e. 1920x1080 and with the battery power of 2870mAh. I was concerned that XZ2 Compact would struggle with battery life due to it's higher resolution. As with a more top resolution display, the more power and battery life is needed where in most circumstances means less battery life. Sony has included many battery life-saving settings to decrease battery consumption. The presence of USB-C port and Quick Charge 3.0 you can charge the smartphone from 0% to 100% in 30-40mins.

Camera:
The Sony XZ2 Compact is also powered by great front and rear cameras. The rear camera is a 19MP Exmor RS which has the same capture resolution as that of Xperia XZ1, but there have been a couple of improvements. The photo doesn't look washed out or overexposed. The camera produces true to life colours in both photo and video. As for the selfies. The colours are now more vibrant depending on your preference; this can either be good or bad. Sony has improved its HDR algorithms to enhance the brightness and shadow balance that was missing in older Sony smartphone cameras. Overall it sports a great camera but still has a lot of room to improve to be contenders with both Apple and Samsung.DSC_0005 (1).jpgRear Camera

Conclusion:
If you're in the market for a compact Android smartphone with high-end specifications, then the Xperia XZ2 Compact is the one you're looking for.